2019/20 Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good reading,respect your views, but...'The BVI fiddle' ? A legitimate loan company set up to specifically loan to football clubs, about half a dozen in the Prem, including us and I think West Ham and Fulham. Perfectly legitimate regardless of who the owners were (Was Green one? He had to play with his billion one way or the other!)
Green and Legitimate in the same paragraph - yeah right.

It was a rollover never ending ( until Moshiri paid it off) deal, which, allegedly, went from us via a well known tax haven to his kids pockets
'Legitimate' (right up until the judge finds you guilty) covers a very wide vague, ambiguous overlapping area between tax evasion and tax avoidance with side orders of loan sharking-lite, operational expenses and 'everything's legal if you don't get caught'...allegedly
Oh and nice research on the Angels thing...I've said much the same on more than a few occasions

Green and Legitimate in the same paragraph - yeah right.

It was a rollover never ending ( until Moshiri paid it off) deal, which, allegedly, went from us via a well known tax haven to his kids pockets
'Legitimate' (right up until the judge finds you guilty) covers a very wide vague, ambiguous overlapping area between tax evasion and tax avoidance with side orders of loan sharking-lite, operational expenses and 'everything's legal if you don't get caught'...allegedly
Oh and nice research on the Angels thing...I've said much the same on more than a few occasions

No research needed....I know the way it works.;)….and heres that word again..legitimately...in the year that Bill made his Michelle Piper film he obtained £14 million from one of the Film Finance outfits, and that year BK Productions posted a profit of...£14 million.:) The loans to football clubs were rollover loans...and a number of clubs took advantage of them. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. Nice to have the money available without waiting for the income through the season.

My then 7 year old son wrote to Bill Kenwright after we sacked Koeman to say he wanted to put his name forward for the job as manager this was the reply from Bill
71686BD1-465F-4F53-B4F5-58C9386E9C74.jpeg

I used to harbour a lot of ill will towards Kenwright, and I still don't understand how anyone could have a positive opinion of him. The stunts he pulled during Kings Dock and Destination Kirkby alone would have seen a foreign owner ran out of town.

I tend to just ignore him now, and in a way I admire how skilfully he played the fan base all those years.

Not got a clue have you mate?

The man held us back that’s a fact and nobody is claiming that but we would have more than an FA Cup final loss to reminisce about.

Held us back at literally the worst possible time in football history. Top team just before the prem and the money started , recovered to a point where we could have pushed on just before the money went crazy but we couldn’t , and now the money has gone insane and the clubs in the right place at the right time have torn away and have their own mini league that is nearly impossible to break.

He’s done an ok job which probably explains why we are a just ok club. He has tried his best which is all you can ask of someone. The fact that his best hasn’t been good enough is why a lot of people don’t like him. I just hope that the new owner proves to be an improvement.

An ok job? You obviously don’t remember plessiss, that American kid , Ibrahim said loans and the fact we didn’t actually sign a single player on a perm for two years. Moyes was the perfect man at the perfect time and worked miracles to have us as the best team outside the top 4. Unfortunately this also helped to hide how dire bill is at running a football club .

Cash strapped?.... also known as authorising a big spend against NTL money that wasn't delivered which required rip off rate loans to repay. Bringing the honourable Phillip Green into the club to use as his own personal slush fund.

The resulting continual asset stripping..... bellefield, finch farm, player sales, backing a commercially inept CEO cos he had his back......

Remember Samuelson ? Trevor Birch? Some weird things have happened during his time.

We lost the Kings dock for a mere 40 million that bungling Bill could not raise by private investors.....then we had the Kirkby fiasco.....
He now needs just a honorary position on the board, great fan etc heart in the right place never a businessman though.......

40m for kings dock makes me cry

Status
Not open for further replies.