2019/20 Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he was under the assumption people would “lend” him the money without asking for anything in return except paying the money back.

From what I recall it came to stage of financing it and Bill had been promised the cash but whoever it was backing him asked for his shares in the club and wanted to be the majority shareholder. Gregg, Lloyd Webber?? These had been Bills wealthy mates at the time.

Bill decided he was more important than Everton progressing and getting waterfront stadium in a truly iconic spot in the city. And the rest they say is history...

This and would not let go.

We have literally competed for the top honours in the country across every single decade until he took charge. The fact Evertonians actually turn around and say us winning something would be a miracle says it all.

You know what though? It´s weighed me down that much I´m not even bothered anymore. The likes of you accepted it such a long time ago that I no longer get bothered either. I watch my Internet streams, see the legacy of Kenwright and leave it at that. I´m fully aware there will be no miracles any time soon, just a continuation of the what we´ve had since I was born.

What we had done in the past is totally irrelevant. The game had changed and Everton had changed before he took over. The years before he took over we were battling relegation and stared into the abyss twice, that is probably more relevant than winning stuff or competing years ago.

It's not a legacy of Kenwright, it happened before him and it's more a legacy of the Premier League and the modern game in general. Nobody ever seems to give solutions to the issues we had. Sell to a non-existent buyer? Sell to someone dodgy? Mortgage our future by spending money we didn't have?

The Hearn family are or were associated with Leyton Orient. I've a feeling they sold out last year, but could be wrong, I'm to busy at present to check.Denise has been 'one to watch' for a few years, and was in the running at least for a few top jobs, companies as big as Shell. Shes another graduate of UMIST like Leahy advised/taught/lectured whatever they do by the redoubtable Prof Sir Cary Cooper an American whos been here many years and is now a British citizen. Man City supporter as well! May not be on here tomorrow, have dialysis and a busy day ahead.

Yes the Hearn's were involved with them. I don't think hey are massively into football. However you offer someone the right package and they will consider it. I like him anyway, he communicates very easily and well, which is something we lack.

In an ideal world he'd head up the sales/marketing operation and someone like Leahy would be Chairman. Bill can still stay on the board as Bill, move Woods on. Bill can do what Woods does.

Yes the Hearn's were involved with them. I don't think hey are massively into football. However you offer someone the right package and they will consider it. I like him anyway, he communicates very easily and well, which is something we lack.

In an ideal world he'd head up the sales/marketing operation and someone like Leahy would be Chairman. Bill can still stay on the board as Bill, move Woods on. Bill can do what Woods does.

Are you really suggesting we give Eddie Hearn a job mate?

Are you really suggesting we give Eddie Hearn a job mate?

It's extremely left field. I doubt we could attract him. However if someone like that was available I'd be very open to it. I think we need to be more creative with appointments to the board. What do you think?

He tricks people into dropping serious wedge on sub-standard boxing cards.

Be an Immediate upgrade on our current marketing department.

He's overhauled boxing. He can sell. He knows how to sell. He's also a good communicator. Worked in sports etc.

Watching these play offs, Villa, Albion, Leeds and Derby. Norwich and Sheffield Unitted coming up, 6 decent size clubs floating around the championship, without Bill taking over when he did we would be down there as well.
His brief was to keep us solid in the top flight, which he did, nice one Bill.
He / We did maintain our place, I'm just not sure if it was despite him or because of him. There were and always are things that you have no control over (see harold macmillans quote Re. 'Events')
Kings Dock?, Kirkby, The Fortress Fund...all the other usual quoted suspects, yes even down to the lack of lagging in the bogs and the Park End wall. Green and the BVI fiddle.

It all comes down to the unquantifable calculation, 'because of him' Vs 'Despite him.'

As always, the answer will be somewhere in the middle and, given the quantum nature of everything,
Be different every time you look...along the lines of -

"I was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar
That much is true
But even then, I knew I'd find a much better place
Either with or without you."

He / We did maintain our place, I'm just not sure if it was despite him or because of him. There were and always are things that you have no control over (see harold macmillans quote Re. 'Events')
Kings Dock?, Kirkby, The Fortress Fund...all the other usual quoted suspects, yes even down to the lack of lagging in the bogs and the Park End wall. Green and the BVI fiddle.

It all comes down to the unquantifable calculation, 'because of him' Vs 'Despite him.'

As always, the answer will be somewhere in the middle and, given the quantum nature of everything,
Be different every time you look...along the lines of -

"I was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar
That much is true
But even then, I knew I'd find a much better place
Either with or without you."

Good reading,respect your views, but...'The BVI fiddle' ? A legitimate loan company set up to specifically loan to football clubs, about half a dozen in the Prem, including us and I think West Ham and Fulham. Perfectly legitimate regardless of who the owners were (Was Green one? He had to play with his billion one way or the other!)

Status
Not open for further replies.