2019/20 Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sheiks were always going to buy City, to get their friend Shiniwatra out of a mess. Rooney wanted to go, admittedly after his head was turned by Stretford, whose office was at St James Park...hence the initial 'stalking horse' fake bid by Newcastle United. Those are actual facts.

Wonder how much the Etihad lease is worth for the city council? I understand the Sheiks now bare all cost and keep all profit but that lease much be worth a penny or two, huge amount of public money went into this stadium!

Wonder how much the Etihad lease is worth for the city council? I understand the Sheiks now bare all cost and keep all profit but that lease much be worth a penny or two, huge amount of public money went into this stadium what it is!

Of course....if the sheiks didn't have reason to help out Shiniwatra, they had a good enough reason in a ready built stadium, probably saving them 600 million at least! The area around the stadium, although it was tidied up prior to the Commonwealth Games, was also right for major redevelopment, and dare it be said, cultural redevelopment....make of that what you will.

You obviously have no idea of what is considered failure in the theatrical world. Bill more or less gave up acting, it didn't give him up. He gave up acting to become one of the leading impresarios in theatre with a world wide reputation,and without his input, there would very likely be no theatre of any size outside London. A senior executive at One Nation, who run theatres throughout the provinces, told me that Bill had 'almost single handed saved live theatre outside London' He is also a leading film producer, and his shares in Educating Rita and Blood Brothers and Stepping Out will contribute more to his pension than his Everton shares ever will. Some failure!
Steve, Kenwright was a diabolical actor, but he never gave it up, he acts every time he is on show, loves the limelight, and I would be amazed if he has made more from his career in the theatre than he has from his Everton shares.

Of course....if the sheiks didn't have reason to help out Shiniwatra, they had a good enough reason in a ready built stadium, probably saving them 600 million at least! The area around the stadium, although it was tidied up prior to the Commonwealth Games, was also right for major redevelopment, and dare it be said, cultural redevelopment....make of that what you will.

Like absolute clockwork

Steve, Kenwright was a diabolical actor, but he never gave it up, he acts every time he is on show, loves the limelight, and I would be amazed if he has made more from his career in the theatre than he has from his Everton shares.

We all have opinions about actors,personally I don't think Johnny Depp can act at all. But its vary rare for anybody who is 'diabolical' to get any work at all, and Bill worked regularly on the stage and in TV, even in a long running musical in his early days. I think your opinion of him as an actor is coloured by your opinion of him as a football chairman,and does not come from any knowledge of acting skills.Incidentally, a few years ago Bill Kenwright Productions made a profit of £14 million...and that was just from movies. Educating Rita, to which he bought rights before it was ever produced, and Stepping Out, to which he owns stage rights, and not forgetting Blood Brothers which like Rita, is always in performance somewhere in the world, are all contributing to his pension in large amounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.