Big Dunc Declared Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't know what he's invested in to become bankrupt, but I bet he has left a lot of people in the crap with unpaid debts.

Almost certainly Ferguson will have fallen foul of the HMRC tax demands arising from the tax avoidance schemes such as those run by Ingenious Media. These schemes allowed tax relief at 40% by investing in the film industry, and their validity is being challenged by HMRC. Even though the sponsors of these schemes are challenging in Court the claims of HMRC, HMRC has been able to present demands (accelerated payment notices) in the meantime. Many of the highest earners have already settled and did so before 31st October last year.

I suspect Ferguson was unable to settle his demand and therefore the bankruptcy. There will be many more former professional footballers in a similar position in coming weeks - Xpro estimate around 20 will be made bankrupt.

I can picture it now, Christmas time Snods and Jags in santa hats knocking round at Duncs with EITC to tell him they're paying his heating bills this winter.

How has he possibly managed it?

Big balls and prince rupert tower in the heart. Compared to softy catalan thats a progress for me. end of story funes mori

It's not the end of the story though is it?

He is actually working with the players right now. Today. In the warm up. And doesn't seem to be getting much of the big balls/heart over?

Why would it be different as manager? A job he's never done.

Status
Not open for further replies.