2023/24 Beto

He's got the 3rd best manager in Evertons history coaching him so there should be no issues with this happening.

….if Dyche manages to keep this very poor Everton squad and this basket case of a club with two sets of point deductions in the top flight this season, I think it will be an achievement worthy of that consideration. I 100% stand by that view.

Against all the odds I desperately hope we can have that debate.

Last edited:
….if Dyche manages to keep this Everton squad and this basket case of a club in the top flight this season, I think it will be an achievement worthy of that consideration. I 100% stand by that view. Against all the odds I desperately hope we can have that debate.
I would like nothing more than for you to be right. I am worried at the moment.

Hopefully it's nowhere near £28m guaranteed, and more like £18-20m, spread over 3-4 seasons (length of contract). Hopefully as wrongly reported as the '£40m' Dele Alli deal was. Does anybody know the ins and outs of the Beto deal? At this point I don't think we'd be able to sell for £2.8m.

Hopefully it's nowhere near £28m guaranteed, and more like £18-20m, spread over 3-4 seasons (length of contract). Hopefully as wrongly reported as the '£40m' Dele Alli deal was. Does anybody know the ins and outs of the Beto deal? At this point I don't think we'd be able to sell for £2.8m.

…I think it’s @Zatara who continually berated me for getting his fee wrong, so I presume he knows the detail.

….if Dyche manages to keep this very poor Everton squad and this basket case of a club with two sets of point deductions in the top flight this season, I think it will be an achievement worthy of that consideration. I 100% stand by that view.

Against all the odds I desperately hope we can have that debate.
I hope and pray we have that debate also mate.

However, imo, if we do stay up it is more to do with our relegation rivals inability to win football matches than Dyche walkers supreme man management, coaching and tactical abilities, regardless of the state of the club and the PL vendetta.