2023/24 Beto

His penalty against Fulham was fantastic, was first to grab the ball fir that shoot out.

Really disappointing pen today, was so focused on just hitting the target that he forgot that it's important to put some purchase on it.

Nice run for his goal though and should start shaidnt the mancs next week, though won't be in the least bit shocked of Dyche picks DCL again
It was awful, but It did seem to take forever for the ref to blow the whistle. You could see his confidence drooping the longer it took.

The question I want to know is why no Garner, He didn't even want to take a penalty against Fulham.

It was awful, but It did seem to take forever for the ref to blow the whistle. You could see his confidence drooping the longer it took.

The question I want to know is why no Garner, He didn't even want to take a penalty against Fulham.

tbf after watching his shooting the last few games I'm not surprised.

Don't think he's hit a clean shot in a very long time.

tbf after watching his shooting the last few games I'm not surprised.

Don't think he's hit a clean shot in a very long time.
I do think the whole debacle around our club has been like a heavy weight on his shoulders, and he's not striking the ball, he seems to just be hitting the ball as quickly as possible.

A bit of pressure off his shoulders and I think we're see a different side to his shooting..

Me and a small number of other people supported Beto in this forum when he missed the penalty, saying he is better than Dcl and that he will get a goal in the second half, it was great getting the 😂reaction and then seeing the same people say ohh Beto what a great player you are. He started one game and scored, what Dcl didn’t hasn’t done in 4 months

Beto became the 31st player to take a Premier League penalty for Everton, and the 23rd to fail to score one, with only Arsenal (24) having more players to miss from the spot.

I have just seen this on the BBC and considering we hardly get any penalties at all it is dreadful.

Me and a small number of other people supported Beto in this forum when he missed the penalty, saying he is better than Dcl and that he will get a goal in the second half, it was great getting the 😂reaction and then seeing the same people say ohh Beto what a great player you are. He started one game and scored, what Dcl didn’t hasn’t done in 4 months
And we lost.

Beto took a penalty for a side that doesn’t have a defined penalty taker.

Mirallas took the ball off a player who was about as close as you get to a sure thing from the penalty spot, who was the absolutely established penalty taker.

just sayin’
I should've read a bit more before posting lol beat me too it.

People need to get of his back.

I’d have another 10 of him over some of the other shithouses in the squad.

Hopefully he gets given a run of games. Let's see how many goals he can score in a run if 5 games and see if our fortunes improve.

He really could be on about 6/7 goals already if hed just showed a little more composure at times. Off the top of my head, i remember him having big chances against Brentford away, Forest away, Fulham away, Brighton away and could have easily walked off with the match ball.

So he's definitely getting into positions to score, it's just the quality isn't there. With DCL it's 100% confidence. That shot DCL had yesterday edge of the box, scuffs it like an under 9s player.