2023/24 Beto

Not up to it unfortunately. One of them where you are desperate for him to do well, but just won't happen.

I dont believe for a second Thelwell would have signed him without Dyche's push - becuase he feels very much a dyche mould.
Similarly, Danjuma was 100% a thelwell player and Dyche does not fancy him at all.

“Up to £30m” so deduct the addons and you’re at the £25/26m range.

Don’t bother mate. In Zat’s head we’ve paid Udinese a fiver up front and the rest in installments and we’ll end up selling him for £25m up front. Absolute fruitcake that fella but I still think he’s great

People need to chill out on him. The system did neither him nor DCL any favours yesterday. Wanna see him coming short and turning and running with the ball like he did when he first arrived
Got nothing to do with the system. Both of them had enough opportunities to hold the ball up, bring other players into play, move into space, win headers etc. They're just not very good players at this level.

Beto seems a bit too eager to please at the moment and needs to compose himself a bit, he also looks like a newborn giraffe at times when he turns and runs with the ball. That said, I have confidence that he will come good for us, just not sure how good.

He’s definitely got his faults, but two things jump out at me (especially after yesterday)

1. We’re using him APPALLINGLY badly. He’s not a back to goal striker.
2. I genuinely don’t think I’ve ever seen a player get fouled as often as he does without getting free kicks or pens for them. Defenders just seem to have carte blanche to aggressively cuddle him every time he goes near the ball.

People need to chill out on him. The system did neither him nor DCL any favours yesterday. Wanna see him coming short and turning and running with the ball like he did when he first arrived

he looks as uncomfortable in that than any player ive seen. Im not sure thats the answer.

Have to agree with this. Up top with Dom was an experiment that didn't work. He did however fill in for Dom beginning our up turn in form. He was brought in to be Dom v2 and fit a system better than Maupay could.

For the price, age, and starting in a new league he's adequate and suits the system giving Dom competition.

The biggest concern is the Doucoure role and more creativity. Let's not forget Danjuma is an expensive loan who's not cutting it that should, on paper, create for the strikers to get on to.

Get off the lads back ffs, sick of hammering players 5 minutes after they arrive.

Haaland would look bang average with the absolute scraps we would feed him and the tactical play we are employing; Betos the same as DCL, and it’s no wonder they don’t look like scoring any time soon - they need through balls and crosses into the box and we do neither, just hoof it up to them while their backs are to goal.

He’s definitely got his faults, but two things jump out at me (especially after yesterday)

1. We’re using him APPALLINGLY badly. He’s not a back to goal striker.
2. I genuinely don’t think I’ve ever seen a player get fouled as often as he does without getting free kicks or pens for them. Defenders just seem to have carte blanche to aggressively cuddle him every time he goes near the ball.
Needs a few lessons from Ferguson about protecting himself with his arms and specifically his elbows. Wake a few up.

Another lad being written off before he's unpacked his suitcase, shock horror.
It's the Everton way.

I look back fondly at the pelters McNeil was getting for his first 15 or so games.

Ended up bing arguably our most important player last season.

It never ceases to amaze me how many Evertonians make quick judgements on potential failure then almost will that failure to be cemented so they can feel like a proper football expert.

We laugh about our neighbours weird/cultish behaviour but they don't have a monopoly on weird in the city.