2023/24 Beto

He didn’t help himself today he made no impact at all didn’t exactly knock the door down for a start.

The way DCL has been playing recently, it shouldn't even be that difficult for Beto to get in ahead of him. And yet.

Part of me thinks DCL should sit out a couple of games, but I'm not convinced Beto is going to make us any better yet. Seems really raw.

I just dont feel like hes willing to run enough. He doesnt need to constantly run the channels or hunt the ball, but hes kinda just hugging the backline not doing much at all. I dont really get it. Hes not working to make openings or troubling defenders.
I dont think hes lazy, then Dyche wouldnt play him at all, but he looks very lazy and groggy.

DCL is head and shoulders above Beto - but I do like Beto's gumption. He was inrffective today and our threat diminished when he came on.
I'd be inclined to start Beto though and let him rough up the opposition for 45 mins then bring DCL on.
I can't ever see him even being a 15 goal a year player.

Need some Big Dunc coaching.
Back to goal is poor, layoff is poor, header flick on is poor. I’m sure he will improve. What pisses me off is the way he press. Way too casual and his body language just shows what’s the point of pressing with half hearted effort.

Let's face it, he's absolutely crap.

Just doesn't seem to have a clue when he comes on where he's supposed to be and what he's supposed to be doing.

There's far too many flaws in his game for the age he is and the money we'll be spending end of the season.

DCL is in absolutely dreadful form yet you can see the drop off instantly when he's replaced. You need Beto coming on and making a case to be starting but he's just laboured and tripping over himself.

We have accumulated some hell if a crap squad. Unreal to be able to be so bad at spunking money on crap time after time. I want him to come good but he's lacking too many basics for this league.

Just doesn't seem to have a clue when he comes on where he's supposed to be and what he's supposed to be doing.

There's far too many flaws in his game for the age he is and the money we'll be spending end of the season.

DCL is in absolutely dreadful form yet you can see the drop off instantly when he's replaced. You need Beto coming on and making a case to be starting but he's just laboured and tripping over himself.

We have accumulated some hell if a crap squad. Unreal to be able to be so bad at spunking money on crap time after time. I want him to come good but he's lacking too many basics for this league.
Symptom of a bigger problem. There is nothing, no service at all from our right flank, because we've no right footer somehow to play the ball in first time with his right foot onto the edge of the 6 yard box, no exposing the left back, no stretching their left sided CB, no panic with a quick ball into the channel, nothing. Harrison runs a bit then chops the ball back onto his left foot and momentum is lost, they regain shape and now we're hoping on finding a hollywood ball of perfection to put Cal-Lewin in solo.
It's time to go back and check out the Carlo methodology, see the goals and how and where they were made and how Cal-Lewin capitalised.

Currently he's a one legged man in an arse kicking contest. Until both flanks are unleashed and the deliveries start coming in, he'll continue to struggle.

We all wrote Myko off if you remember. You can't expect somebody to know the way the league plays on the pitch when all they live off is 15 minute cameos of 'make yourself a nuisance'

We all wrote Myko off if you remember. You can't expect somebody to know the way the league plays on the pitch when all they live off is 15 minute cameos of 'make yourself a nuisance'

I know what your saying mate but I'm talking about basic stuff. Things a striker should have a talent/instinct for, such as where to be, body positioning, link up play, hold up play. I'm not even talking about finishing, I'm talking about basic stuff, real basic stuff and he's clueless.

Mykolenko is quality at defending but dreadful with the ball at his feet and offers zero going forward. But I kind of accept that as he's just a solid defender with limited attacking ability.

Beto has to be showing far more. His pressing is so haphazard, its almost like he's making it up as he goes along.

New league, new country, finding his feet with limited minutes and I get it mate I really do. I just seen a lack of a lot of basic stuff and I find that quute alarming knowing we've got to shell out 25m on him this summer. He looks like a 5m punt at best.

I dunno mate. I'm trying not to get on players backs due to the season we are experiencing.

I know I'm being harsh mate. Not just him either.

Proper rattled me last night just how little quality we have and when we've had the chance to invest we've spent so poorly.

Best signing outnthere last night for proper money is Garner. He's got a long way to go to being a top level player but he just has that something about him you need. You can tell he's been brought up at a top club but retained the hunger to want to prove to himself and others that he's a top level footballer.

The biggest problem for me is that he's not relaxed into the team - he seems over-eager, desperate to deliver and as such his game seems a bit stiff.

We'll only get a true idea of what he can do for us once he gets a 3, 4 match run with Dom out of the team with an injury.

Pretty astonishing that hasn't yet happened this season.