2023/24 Beto

I don't really get why we got almost a carbon copy of our other striker. Doesn't having options make more sense?

….i don’t think he’s a carbon copy of DCL, except maybe for physicality as one prefers running onto the ball whilst the other is a much more effectve back-to-goal striker. I suppose the option of different ‘types’ Dyche has is Danjuma and even Dobbin. Chermiti is probably more of a DCL type, a carbon copy is more what we’ve needed given how we play.

they're different players, Beto is more chaotic than DCL, DCL's touch is much better but he's less aggressive. I think Beto being on and the game plan of being more robust is why we went in at the break being in front. They improved the speed of their passes in the second half and we couldn't get close enough to Neto often enough. Some of DCL's touches are sublime.
Either you until the sublime bit

What's Bernie Wright up to, one for the old timers .
started at walsall playing 17 times before moving.to Everton where he managed 13 appearances before returning to Walsall where he had 6 good years in a great partnership with alan buckley, he then moved to Bradford for 2 years and after 2 years at port vale obviously you may know various bits n pieces yourself I will just give you a paragraph : joined port Vale 1978 where he scored a 1st half hatrick on his debut away at crewe after Vale journeyed around the non league circuit for about 10 years playing for clubs such as Kidderminster, Worcester, Gloucester, Trowbridge etc.. various investments still ongoing and a desire to retire when he was 50 left him having to work for 10 years factory's fork lift truck driver and supervisor within these jobs, eventually getting to 50 years old he retired and now enjoys many holidays watching rugby and horse racing and still has a keep fit routine daily, clocking up 70 miles a week, now 70 mainly power walking, played for a family 5 a side for a few years in his mid 50s and yes even then the other 9 players on the pitch could still notice a difference between themselves and him, he doesn't like modern football, players diving, video replays and the money involved, is staunch in his view the game belongs to the fans and the fans are the 1st people to get a raw deal when they should be the 1st people looked after, he was a quality referee for 20 years, well respected, was often called by professional clubs to appear as a referee/meet and greet days ( not many meet and greets tho - you know bernie its just not his thing ) has often laughed at people like vinny Jones, roy Keane, Stuart Pearce being called football hard men - he doesn't directly say it but he thinks he would eat them for Breakfast or within 60 seconds of the start of a match, he has spoken fondly of his time at Everton always commenting particularly on the super backing he got from the supporters which made his time at the club fantastic, actually said that you were a very loud and noisy bunch of supporters - he smiled, to be fair he's fully aware of the opportunity he messed up and has always acknowledged this, he is in fine health and looking forward to a good 2024 - he wants me to pass his thanks and best wishes to all the supporters, wishes you and the club good luck in the coming seasons and will always keep half an eye on results, he hopes the current players will hopefully get the fans to Wembley for a cup final maybe ? With that I hope I've done my best to answer your questions x he did add his sadness about the move from goodison adding its a ground with atmosphere and new grounds find it hard to recreate the atmosphere of the old ground but admits clubs have to move on at some point so hopes the move brings success.