2023/24 Beto

:coffee:

Needs a goal at Goodison and the blue touch paper is lit.

I'm telling you, he comes good this lad.

He's snatching at chances atm.

A big goal at Goodison will be the starting gun for him.

It means too much atm. He'll get that first PL goal and it won't be the last this season.

Starting on Thursday against those Geordie spanners would be perfect.

….genuinely chuffed for the lad, Dave.

Read my posts, I regularly say he has to be put in behind the CBs to be effective because they’ll struggle to catch him. Exactly as I said, he’s a proper handful in those situations.

i’m sure you noticed a terrific assist from Patterson, it’s exactly the pass Beto will thrive on :coffee:

In a massive game,
  • times the run perfectly,
  • uses his pace to beat the defender,
  • uses his strength to shrug the defender off,
  • looks to check the keeper,
  • picks out the spot between the keeper's legs,
  • places it perfectly.
Yeah, already up 2-0, but wow. More of that, please.
and the poor bugger will be back on the bench again next week watching Britney miss chance after chance again for another 80 minutes... 🙄

….genuinely chuffed for the lad, Dave.

Read my posts, I regularly say he has to be put in behind the CBs to be effective because they’ll struggle to catch him. Exactly as I said, he’s a proper handful in those situations.

i’m sure you noticed a terrific assist from Patterson, it’s exactly the pass Beto will thrive on :coffee:
I told you you'd misjudged him.

Now take it back....

and the poor bugger will be back on the bench again next week watching Britney miss chance after chance again for another 80 minutes... 🙄
DCL is worlds better than Beto from a "modern striker" perspective. Great hold up play, great in the air. Has a good feel for the game.

Beto is what he is. Tonight's goal is the kind of goal where he can thrive. I'm not writing DCL off yet. He will get his.