2023/24 Beto

Wasn't a good game for him but because lack of games I am not going to stoop to slating him. Old enough to see similar slow starters in the past to pass judgement on new players. Tricky, Reid, Ratcliffe, Southall to name a few

He’s got lots to work on but he does lots well already too.

Gave Filipe enough trouble he should have been off & won the free kick that lead to the goal spinning his man.

Even with the goal he shaped to flick on realising the ball was too high for power. He missed but shows he’s got a brain for someone so raw.

He reminds me of a lad who smashed in the goals in a lowly Sunday division but couldn't get a touch when he played in a decent semi pro Saturday division.

Thats because he's never ready to receive the ball. He's not getting his body in the right position to receive the ball and so the defender gets their first or his touch lets him down.

He doesn't look like a natural footballer at all.

Go get that Serhou Guirassy who’s banging them in in Germany. We wanted him previously & has a low release fee.

Desperate for Beto to do well, but im not seeing anything to suggest he’ll make it sadly.

Once he gets some more minutes on the pitch he will be poaching goals. I guarantee it.

….it was as poor a striker performance as I’ve seen for a long time. Not once did he get in front of his marker when a cross came in and he did little to relieve the pressure when the ball was played up to him. Totally frustrating. He will never be a poacher, he’s hit or miss and sadly he’s much more miss than hit. The fact that he’s a willing competitor is all he has going for him.

I recall @Zatara (I think) saying what great business it was buying him and Chermitti because they cost nothing for 12 months. Truth is, they cost £40m at some stage and both of them look totally inadequate.

Im repeating myself but in the summer his £21.5mil payments begin.

Im still convinced we should sell in Jan or summer for above that fee (along with a couple more players)...then reinvest in someone young and quick who can play wide or up top.