2023/24 Beto

I have seen enough of him to show that if DCL is out he is our best bet. He is strong, decent pace but is raw. Gives us a presence upfront that we never had all of last season DCL wasn't an option. No way are the top 6 looking to sign him, but he has been a decent signing on the basis that we have a good options off the bench and our season doesn't 100% fall apart when as and when DCL picks up another niggle.

I have seen enough of him to show that if DCL is out he is our best bet. He is strong, decent pace but is raw. Gives us a presence upfront that we never had all of last season DCL wasn't an option. No way are the top 6 looking to sign him, but he has been a decent signing on the basis that we have a good options off the bench and our season doesn't 100% fall apart when as and when DCL picks up another niggle.
Would be better than Holland's Wout. Also seems like a typical Everton forward as well.

No fee this season and comparing with the profile of the 1st choice we wanted. Also having signed Chermiti as well.

Could look to sell in the summer unless he further impacts games and gets a decent number of goals.

Something ive said since we signed him.

….ha, ha sounds like you’re coming around to my initial assessment of him, Zat.

Thing is, if we sell him in the summer to recoup some of the £25m we have to pay, we still have to bring somebody in who is more effective unless Chermiti suddenly transforms into the real deal. Beto is what he is, a decent back-up striker but he’s never going to keep a fit DCL out of the side.

Thing is, if we sell him in the summer to recoup some of the £25m we have to pay, we still have to bring somebody in who is more effective unless Chermiti suddenly transforms into the real deal. Beto is what he is, a decent back-up striker but he’s never going to keep a fit DCL out of the side.

Its £21.5mil rising to £25mil.

I think if we played real counter attacking (at pace) football then he would be effective.

He has the pace and can drive with the ball plus was a decent finisher in Italy (and Portugal).

I think El Bilal Toure would have been better if were playing as we have been.

Said a few times I think either Chermiti rapidly progresses over a season or we extend Doucoure and he rotates with him next year.

With Beto, £21.5mil isnt a huge amount for a centre forward. If not suited to this type of football then it shouldnt be too hard to do a deal with an Italian side for him.

He may just be adapting.

Not many will.

No fee this season and comparing with the profile of the 1st choice we wanted. Also having signed Chermiti as well.

Could look to sell in the summer unless he further impacts games and gets a decent number of goals.

Something ive said since we signed him.
Crazy to sell chermiti is not close to be starting games, also El Bilal Toure has had so many injuries already at a young age. Cant get over people having ago at him or wanting to sell is crazy. Even if he does not score a decent anount of goals he could have a better season next year.