2023/24 Beto

He works hard, he’s huge and he’s absolutely rapid. A touch of the Niasse about him, and I don’t think he’ll be prolific, but he is a massive upgrade on Maupay/Simms/a winger up front.
I can see the Niasse comparison with the ball bouncing around yet strangely working for him but he looks a better player.

Think he deserves two lockers.

I can see the Niasse comparison with the ball bouncing around yet strangely working for him but he looks a better player.

Think he deserves two lockers.
I can see why you say it but, despite the fact he looks cumbersome, think we've got a player here. He's deceptively quick in and once he's up to speed with the harsh realities of the Premier League he'll prove to be a far better player. Some of those headed flick ons were excellent 👌

In the villa game would be worth a punt playing him upfront with Dom. Was unlucky yesterday to not get a goal. He smelt it and was hungry which is great

Did a great job for the team. That’s the most important thing.
Last weeks game he was being fouled off the ball by Arsenals defenders.
Teams are worried about him.

Looked a lot better in his earlier games, a bit untidy on the ball yesterday.
Hopefully him and Dom push each other.

Can see how he's still getting used to the pace of the game as he's been caught a few times thinking he has more time than he's actually got.

He's just got to stop snatching at chances in front of goal (had one against Doncaster, one against Sheffield Utd and a couple yesterday) and the goals will eventually come.

The positive is he makes some intelligent runs so at least is working the opposition which couldn't be said of Maupay.

I thought Beto put in a decent shift against Brentford, and although he probably should have scored a least one of his chances today, the guy still offers a hell of a lot more to the team than Neal Maupay. I'm not going to get carried away, but I think he'll be a real asset for us.
Agreed. Maupay was good at hitting the ball at the keeper. This lad at least tries to miss the keeper when shooting!!

he really stretched their defence and won pretty much every duel or put them on the back foot

i was pissed off when he was subbed, though it of course worked in the end

would love to see him and dom up top together