2023/24 Beto

Feels great to talk about a new signing who has adapted straight away. So often over the last 5 years we've had to listen to "he's not fully fit yet" or "we're playing him in his wrong position" when it comes to new arrivals. Can definitely see him reaching double figures if he stays fit. Already one of our most important players.

When/if DCL comes back I hope we put them both on the pitch where possible. Beto's link up play looks good enough for them to be a decent combination.

Looks like he needs a more match fitness but his all round play was very good and he created and brought others into play.

He will do well here if he keeps up that effort and remains injury free, if he performs like that regularly and gets 10 goals, he will have been a bargain signing

Now young Mr. Cannon has departed, I volunteer as player thread sponsor for Beto. Very optimistic about this lad, based on the 4 minutes and 8 seconds of highlights I've seen so far. Happy to make some wildly enthusiastic and completely unsubstantiated claims about him CLEARLY being a "20+ goals & assists combined per season" type of player.

He showed far far better touches than I was expecting. Real shame he snatched at that chance early 2nd half as he created it himself with some fantastic running and strength.

Just from the limited time he's been on the pitch, I think we've actually signed someone decent for a change and someone for the young Evertonians to actually latch onto and have a new hero. I can't remember the last time they'd have had a proper hero.

I really like what I've seen , but I hope we're not getting carried away. I remember us calling Jelavic our saviour but he turned
out to be a flash in the pan.

I don't think Beto will be prolific, but he certainly makes us better so far and I hope it stays that way.

I really like what I've seen , but I hope we're not getting carried away. I remember us calling Jelavic our saviour but he turned
out to be a flash in the pan.

I don't think Beto will be prolific, but he certainly makes us better so far and I hope it stays that way.
Jelavic was a success at first purely because he had a purple patch scoring goals. His all round game was never that great and his physical attributes never that impressive. Even if Beto doesn't score he's not suddenly going to lose his pace, height and strength so he will always be a nuisance up front.

Thought he was very good and someone the crowd have taken to heart.
Faded yesterday and I thought Dyche might have brought him off around the hour mark, as he'd given everything.
Yes, defo. He faded out of the last half hour. No surprise in that like given it was his first taste of the PL and it was a warm day.

Maybe when sicknote DCL gets himself on the bench the like for like change can be made.