2023/24 Beto

Really do wonder if/when Doucoure falls out of form whether DCL and Beto play together. Midfield is just too weak even with three players atm, can't imagine playing with a two

For those slating him........you need to have a good look at yourselves and decide if football is for you. You need to understand what a settling in period is, you need to understand adaptation and overall cast your mind back to Southall, Reid, Ratcliffe, Stevens, Steven etc and know what is needed to settle into a team in the Top division. Patience is needed especially when you see glimmers of good football in a newbie.

Kept plugging away, his chances will come, he stretched and worked their defence today and all those yards earned Cal-Lewin his break. Great to have options. Big lad, will earn his share of headers.
And no sane person will count goals from a forward who's main job is to hold the ball down.

It maybe sounds quirky but I voted him MOM today. He’s a huge improvement on our playing style when DCL isnt playing. He was the outlet we never seem to have , instead of the ball pinging back at us he was winning headers, holding balls up , hitting balls across the box. For once an opposition defence had work on their hands , particularly the centre backs, if someone is going at you physically it can wear you down and their CBs started to crack those last 30 mins. He’s still hugely raw for his age, and I’m not expecting him to score a shed load of goals yet but he brings something to the team. When he plays. Unfortunately his style will mean he gets a lot of petty stick when we fail to win but I think if he plays like today he’ll give us another direction up front.

Great contribution which shouldn’t be forgotten. Reminded me of Radzinski running a defence ragged for an hour to pave the way for Rooney to come on and score the winner. Just needs his first league goal 👍