Confirmed Signing Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
….misleading? All I said was we bid £27m for Beto and £30m for Bilal Toure. Both were transferred last season for £6m and £8m respectively at pretty much exactly the same time we paid £12m for Maupay. The point being there is value out there.

I really hope Beto is terrific, I like him. Hopefully he’s more of a £27m than a £6m striker.
I’m not sure if you’re just a bit slow on the uptake or a very bad wind up but you’ve been told about a hundred times that he wasn’t available for cheap last summer when we signed maupay because it was a buy obligation that had been set one year earlier why don’t you post another picture of a dog or make another joke about a player thread the whole forum thinks it’s so funny when you do that.

I'm slightly optimistic about this lad. Like a Lukaku Mark 2 which would be gratefully received if he can manage at least double figures in goals. Not too much to ask I know.

….misleading? All I said was we bid £27m for Beto and £30m for Bilal Toure. Both were transferred last season for £6m and £8m respectively at pretty much exactly the same time we paid £12m for Maupay. The point being there is value out there.

I really hope Beto is terrific, I like him. Hopefully he’s more of a £27m than a £6m striker.
I'm splitting hairs but Beto wasn't available last year for £6m so it is misleading. He was available the previous season for that amount. There is always value out there in hindsight too. Zat's hindsight team worth £500m could be assembled for under £50m but this ignores all the players he wants to buy that turn out to be complete flops.

…apologies, I got my conversion rate wrong. He was permanently transferred for £6m last summer.

....my point was to manage expectation on the lad.

ok, we‘re paying £27m for Beto, a player who moved to Udinese last summer on a permanent transfer for an agreed fee of £6m after being there on loan for a season ;). Phew.

Once again, this is simply misleading or incorrect.

Beto moved to Udinese two years ago. The terms of the deal were a one year loan with an obligation to buy for €7mil upon completion of the loan.

Thus the deal was agreed two years ago. With the structure agreed only serving to postpone the first paymenf for 12months.

--He was not transferred 12months ago. It was 2 years ago due to the obligation clause and fee being confirmed then.

Once again, this is simply misleading or incorrect.

Beto moved to Udinese two years ago. The terms of the deal were a one year loan with an obligation to buy for €7mil upon completion of the loan.

Thus the deal was agreed two years ago. With the structure agreed only serving to postpone the first paymenf for 12months.

--He was not transferred 12months ago. It was 2 years ago due to the obligation clause and fee being confirmed then.

IMG_6493.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.