Confirmed Signing Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait for McNeil and Harrison to be fit -- both make a lot of crosses into the box. Beto could be banging in 8 or 9 a game. We'll look a much better side when they're in it.

Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 09.20.17.png

Literally when he came back at the end of last season. DCL didn't get to play against the lowest team in the football league either. Let's not get carried away here.
It's a fair perspective and we shouldn't get carried away.

Just because the second coming of Christ has joined us, doesn't mean we'll suddenly be amazing.

On a serious note it's evident that even though the opposition were the lowest on the football league, his presence, PACE (hes rapid especially for 6ft4!) will be a vital tool for us.

I liked the look of him, not bothered about the goal it was more his willingness to make runs, drag defenders away and put himself about. I was worried that he was going to get an injury the way he was doing it.

All in all a good debut however let’s not get ahead of ourselves, we were outplayed for most of the game by Doncaster. We simply weren’t good enough and did not deserve to win the game.

I like Dyche, I do not want the manager merry go round again, but he quickly needs to find his best 11, his best formation, and best tactics, he seems to be changing things to often and nobody seems to know what they are supposed to be doing.

Myko - isn’t ready.
Patterson - isn’t ready, at all!
Keane - too many mistakes
Garner - not a winger nor a right back

He has a lot of work to do. But so does the board, we need a few in. If Gray and Iwobi go then who do we go for? We have a good relationship with Barca, don’t know why we didn’t have a punt on the young lad that’s going to join Brighton. Who is out there?

It's sad we are all getting carried away by a performance that someone like Cannon should be making against a team in Doncaster's position It's embarrassing that we had to field such a strong side to scrape through that fixture.
True. And a sad reflection of where we are but nice to have something positive to hang on to in his performance.

Not exaggerating when I say his bursts of speed were identical to Haaland - for such a giant to have such a turn of pace is incredible… pace isn’t something which particularly changes between league 2 and the prem either

Seems rapid and uses his physicality well. Only Doncaster(who actually were a much better side until Beto came on) but encouraging signs.

Can I just shock you all? I think Beto and Maupay linked up very well, and perhaps there's a use for the two of them together? If Chermiti can sort his touches out I'd also love to see that pairing

Status
Not open for further replies.