Confirmed Signing Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
He actually played well. Got on the ball a lot, found space in good areas, good link up play and helped create our goal. If he carries on playing like that (big if) he should be in the team.
I’m not a great fan of maupay but think he’ll perform better in that space than doucoure

Watching this lad last night I couldn't help but feel I was watching Muhammad Ali morphed into a footballer. Speed, power, intelligence and aggression, yet graceful. Our season is saved - UTFT!

….certainly played like football matters to him. Not subtle, his game looks more about application and physicality. He could make a difference.

He seemed to raise the level of everyone else around him. God knows we need that!

Onana especially seemed to improve once Beto was on the field and he had a better outlet for some of his passing.

Was going to reply to @Eggs to say a similar thing, when you get someone who does wholeheartedly apply themselves, it is kind of contagious and helps lift everyone.

It also helps that your teammates know you can put the ball in the back of the net. Obviously very early days given the opposition but if he can keep on scoring the confidence goes up, the negativity evaporates and those players can then chip in with goals as suddenly they aren't weighed down by the pressure of we probably only score one goal. Every chance was therefore built to almost a life and death scenario.

A crap R9 imitation which mens beto is actually good as i rate the fat Ronaldo as the greatest striker of all time
The best player of all time is your preference over Pele, Maradona and Messi. Generational players, the lot of them.

The best 9 of all time is fat Ronaldo barreling down at you, while you pray for deliverance from a higher power.

its absolutely criminal that R9 has been relegated to “fat Ronaldo”
Should have taken better care of himself after footy, then.

It sort of fits. Him rumbling down at you was like some three-hundred-pound defensive end who just recovered the oblong-ball, and is not taking no for an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.