"Best squad in 25 years+"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play. I do think though its still unbalanced and until GK,CM,LW are addressed as well as quality depth then jury is out.

3 key positions is basically almost 1/3 of the first eleven and also 30%+ of the squad needs strengthening still...

Its a lot of work.
The shouts on Howard from the fan base have been consistent for a year now...the period from after the WC to last Christmas was when the momentum really gathered in terms of the voices of discontent, why has he not addressed it, he deserves criticism for that. I'd be interested to see who he planned on dropping on CM and LM is a fair/obvious shout, let's see what January brings....one big issue that could face RM us that if he plugs these gaps....the excuses being made for him are really going to become stretched.

I think if we look at it purely as a numbers game then it makes more sense. For example in the summer he brought in Deulofeu and Lennon for the right side but doesnt seem to have a favoured LM/LW player.

He's chosen to bring in Mori and Cleverley also so perhaps that was all the money he had available at that time. Perhaps he had some more based on the Yarmolenko bids, we will see soon enough.

It was also mentioned we were going to bring in a keeper a year ago so it may well be that he has a list himself similar to my own and is gradually upgrading where possible.

We need to start moving alot faster now though as at least 5 players should go in the summer when their contracts expire--a massive opportunity for the club especially with the increased revenues we really should be able to see a "completed" squad by summers end.

The shouts on Howard from the fan base have been consistent for a year now...the period from after the WC to last Christmas was when the momentum really gathered in terms of the voices of discontent, why has he not addressed it, he deserves criticism for that. I'd be interested to see who he planned on dropping on CM and LM is a fair/obvious shout, let's see what January brings....one big issue that could face RM us that if he plugs these gaps....the excuses being made for him are really going to become stretched.

I think if we look at it purely as a numbers game then it makes more sense. For example in the summer he brought in Deulofeu and Lennon for the right side but doesnt seem to have a favoured LM/LW player.

He's chosen to bring in Mori and Cleverley also so perhaps that was all the money he had available at that time. Perhaps he had some more based on the Yarmolenko bids, we will see soon enough.

It was also mentioned we were going to bring in a keeper a year ago so it may well be that he has a list himself similar to my own and is gradually upgrading where possible.

We need to start moving alot faster now though as at least 5 players should go in the summer when their contracts expire--a massive opportunity for the club especially with the increased revenues we really should be able to see a "completed" squad by summers end.
You do know that's really annoying the way you do that....the last thing you asked me was about Doug, then I get this essay and it's not even in a timeframe fitting with our conversation. I thought this was gonna be all about Doug at first until I saw what you were replying to.

Sake.

The squad is one of 2 things, inconsistent and or overrated apart from Lukaku.

tumblr_nmzyv9rHvJ1tfpospo1_400.gif

This very well could be the best squad we've had in 25 years. What use is that if we have no organizational structure on the pitch, when we are so weak on corners, when our goalkeeper is a liability, when we can be tactically outfought on home turf against the likes of Leicester and Stoke, when our manager continues to demonstrate his tactical naivete?

Status
Not open for further replies.