Best squad for years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitter-no-better

Player Valuation: £25m
Throughout the season there have been very few times where we have seen competition for places.

Joel/Howard (Howard dropped/injured)
Coleman - Browning/Hibbert (Injured). Failure to get back up with Byram
Baines - Oviedo/Galloway (injured or played when not fully fit)
Jags/Mori/Stones (Only recent competition after jags back from injury) No 4th Centre back.
Barry - Mccarthy/Besic (both injured for periods of the season) Gibson??
Mirrallas - Kone/Cleverly (injured/suspended/out of favour/out of position!!)
Barkley - Piennaar/Osman (little seen of creative back up for Ross)
Geri/Lennon (Only real competition all season) McGeady (loaned)
Lukaku- Naisse?

Anyone missing?

Is this really our best squad for years as some say?.

I would guess at least half of those highlighted may not be with us next season.

Going to be a busy summer.

Throughout the season there have been very few times where we have seen competition for places.

Joel/Howard (Howard dropped/injured)
Coleman - Browning/Hibbert (Injured). Failure to get back up with Byram
Baines - Oviedo/Galloway (injured or played when not fully fit)
Jags/Mori/Stones (Only recent competition after jags back from injury) No 4th Centre back.
Barry - Mccarthy/Besic (both injured for periods of the season) Gibson??
Mirrallas - Kone/Cleverly (injured/suspended/out of favour/out of position!!)
Barkley - Piennaar/Osman (little seen of creative back up for Ross)
Geri/Lennon (Only real competition all season) McGeady (loaned)
Lukaku- Naisse?

Anyone missing?

Is this really our best squad for years as some say?.

I would guess at least half of those highlighted may not be with us next season.

Going to be a busy summer.
I'm honestly going to have to say there are many players that supporters like that I think are overrated. Our squad has major issues. Thankfully we have the finances to address those issues now.

Yes, there are. And the problem with those who are very good is that they're too individual.
We need 3 or 4 top class players. I mean top. Not the Cleverley/Carrick types. 3 or 4 that money can buy to transform us into contenders..and that is assuming we keep our current guns.

We need 3 or 4 top class players. I mean top. Not the Cleverley/Carrick types. 3 or 4 that money can buy to transform us into contenders..and that is assuming we keep our current guns.

It's getting them in & martinez (IF it's gonna be him) getting them to knit together. It's martinez's fault that they're too indivdual imo, so a change of manager's just as important as a change of playing staff.

It's getting them in & martinez (IF it's gonna be him) getting them to knit together. It's martinez's fault that they're too indivdual imo, so a change of manager's just as important as a change of playing staff.
The Manager's judgement day will come. I am not worrying about him. I just want the top 3 or 4 players at our club.

I'm honestly going to have to say there are many players that supporters like that I think are overrated. Our squad has major issues. Thankfully we have the finances to address those issues now.
Sadly we now have money to compete the same summer that all clubs have money to compete. We have the cash but can we attract them?

Problem with Everton, lack of ambition. I want 35. 11 we play regularly. 7 subs. A full under 21 of reserve players and then a few others we loan out so fans can pretend they know about world football because our 19 year old South African winger is playing regularly for Benfica.

And heated seats

Problem with Everton, lack of ambition. I want 35. 11 we play regularly. 7 subs. A full under 21 of reserve players and then a few others we loan out so fans can pretend they know about world football because our 19 year old South African winger is playing regularly for Benfica.

And heated seats
3 top class are worth more than 10 average types. Add 3 top class players to Lukaku, Barkley, Stones and Deulofeu, to name a few, and then we are serious contenders.

We need some sneaky niggly bastards.

Ce-Nvh6WEAA5nMy.jpg

And heated seats
Just been to watch Benfica. They would hammer us.

This weekend 3 years ago against stoke our subs bench consisted of

Substitutes
  • 01 Mucha
  • 26 Stones
  • 34 Duffy
  • 08 Oviedo
  • 16 Hitzlsperger
  • 20 Barkley
  • 14 Naismith
We've never had big squads so this season's is probably our strongest all round ever

Status
Not open for further replies.