Best First Goals For Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at that away game at Fulham. Second half goal, around the 65th minute. In those days the away end at Fulham was not behind one of the goals, but the open-to-the-elements terracing that backed onto the Thames.

....it must be a few years since you left school OB. Good on you for recalling that magic day.

I was 8, this reminds me of how I remember Everton growing up. Love it.
Christ. I feel old now. I was 21, working in Dublin for a week, so had to miss that game.
The only phone in the hotel wasn't working so didn't find out the score until the next day.

....it must be a few years since you left school OB. Good on you for recalling that magic day.

Left school in July '69.

I was mad in those days. One time, left school at 4:00, bus straight into the city centre. Train from Lime Street to see us play Man City in the 6th Round, second replay at Molyneux in '66. Stood in the Everton end in full school uniform and satchel on my back. Won 2-0. Football special back to Lime Street. Got home about 3 a.m. the next morning and was up for school at 7:30 to catch the first of two buses at 8:00! Happy days as a 15 year-old!

I was fortunate enough to see Everton win the League and the FA Cup before my 16th birthday...

Left school in July '69.

I was mad in those days. One time, left school at 4:00, bus straight into the city centre. Train from Lime Street to see us play Man City in the 6th Round, second replay at Molyneux in '66. Stood in the Everton end in full school uniform and satchel on my back. Won 2-0. Football special back to Lime Street. Got home about 3 a.m. the next morning and was up for school at 7:30 to catch the first of two buses at 8:00! Happy days as a 15 year-old!

I was fortunate enough to see Everton win the League and the FA Cup before my 16th birthday...

I left school July 1969 too. One month before my 15th birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.