Best Everton team....

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue_aussie05

Player Valuation: £8m
I know it's probably been done to death on here before, but thought this may distract us from the doom and gloom...

Based on who you've actually physically seen play for Everton, who would you name in your personal best-ever starting XI?

I suppose this isn't based on legendary status either. For example, if you started going the match in the mid 90s and saw Southall play in goal, don't stick him in the team if you think you saw another of our goalies play better than him.

I know it's probably been done to death on here before, but thought this may distract us from the doom and gloom...

Based on who you've actually physically seen play for Everton, who would you name in your personal best-ever starting XI?
Yep been done to death,basically it's the 85 side

As for the doom and gloom,that's not shifting unless we wallop stoke 12-0

So to those who say the 84-85 side, are you seriously saying not one player who came from another era is worthy to replace any of them?

As a collective, yes the 84-85 team was awesome. I saw them myself, but I'd say there's a fair few players position-for-position who were individually better

Take sentiment out of the equation, we've had far better strikers than Andy Gray. I loved Gray while he was here, but I'd even argue Inchy was a better than him in that 84-85 season

Southall

Baines
Watson
Ratcliffe
Stevens

Kanchelskis
Reid
Sheedy
Steven

Sharp
Rooney

Something like that. Shoehorned some in out of position to accommodate.

Status
Not open for further replies.