Best atmosphere at Goodison?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not old enough for the 80’s games. My first Goodison derby was Joe Royals first game in charge. First time I had seen a packed Goodison under the lights and I was right behind the Glady goal when Duncan rose 16 feet in the air to plant the best header I ve ever watched live. The place exploded. Nothing will ever match that for a 14 year old kid.

The one that sticks in my mind was the evening derby game when Richard Dunne and Michael Ball made their first team debuts (at least I think it was their debuts but would be happy to be corrected if mistaken). When I got in to the Street end I was met by thousands of very merry Blues singing and bouncing up and down in the concourse, they looked like they had been on the juice all afternoon. This was then reinforced as I moved onto the terraces proper, everyone was bouncing, even the Upper Bullens. It was the best derby atmosphere I have experienced.

any game where the whole ground was singing"hand it over liverpool" in the 80's,lets hope we can sing it this year

For me it was Villareal but I may not have as large a sample size as some.
The atmosphere when the champions league music came on was immense.
When they scored first you could hear a pin drop, then the crowd got straight back up and got behind the team.
Would love to hear that music again at Goodison before we move….

When they scored first you could hear a pin drop, then the crowd got straight back up and got behind the team.
This. Me and my lad in the lower Bullens. Phil Neville’s debut from memory.

Would love to hear that music again at Goodison before we move….
Next season

AJ's goal v Arsenal when it was pissing down. Lids flying everywhere...
I obviously wasn't there (it was on TV here), but that game will always stay with me as my wife passed away from cancer later that day. Ecstasy to agony within hours. Can't believe that was more than 13 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.