Best atmosphere at Goodison?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not the absolute best atmospheres but Blackburn at home after Turner got sent off was brilliant. As was a home game against Birmingham towards the end of the game when one of their players feigned injury to waste time only for us to score a couple of late goals.

Actually makes me sad to see this thread because I think there's a generation of Evertonians who have missed out on so much over the past few years. This coming Saturday could potentially be one of those 'I was there' days but there won't be anyone to witness it.

All those mentioned already. Not particularly famous but Blackburn when we won after being down to 10 men for most of the game was a good one for atmosphere.

Not sure anything will ever beat the Bayern Munich game though. Privileged to have been there. Couldn’t get in the Gwladys Street as usual so went in the main stand and climbed into the Street end from there, like many others. God knows how many was packed into there that night. Incredible. The TV coverage doesn’t do it justice. You had to be there.

For those that witnessed that magical night under the lights at Goodison with the defeat of the German champions Bayern Munich. The atmosphere for me will remain the best as long as I live. Can any one recall anything as near to it? I do remember the night we knocked Southampton out of the FA cup with Eammon O'Keefe's winner in front of 58, 000 fans inside and the gates being locked before kick off. That atmosphere was electric. Any other memories from blues?

All those mentioned already. Not particularly famous but Blackburn when we won after being down to 10 men for most of the game was a good one for atmosphere.

Not sure anything will ever beat the Bayern Munich game though. Privileged to have been there. Couldn’t get in the Gwladys Street as usual so went in the main stand and climbed into the Street end from there, like many others. God knows how many 0was packed into there that night. Incredible. The TV coverage doesn’t do it justice. You had to be there.
There mate 28 thousand was the attendance put up on the board done it every game lol

Bayern always the one had to go to the very front of the lower glwadys it was that packed ,remember pulling myself up on them horrible railings and singing a press man took a photo I was only 14 best year of my life reckon. Also when we smashed man United 5 0, the ground was rocking remember Gordon Strachan patting his heart when we nearly got a sixth haha. Man u fans kicking off in main stand it had everything that game
was probably near you just to the left of the goal for both games I was 11 or 12 at the Bayern game what a MAGICAL NIGHT to be there and to watch the best team in the world beat the krauts Amazing ;);)

Bayern Munich obviously,but that Southampton game is right up there.That FA Cup run in 81 was exciting,we were the first team to knock Arsenal out the cup in four years(something we also did to Spurs(also mentioned above)a couple of years later)then we knocked out the lovables,then a very good Southampton side. Man City with all respect were probably the worst team we played in that cup run and I still have nightmares about Imre Varadi going around the keeper and putting it wide,and McDonagh in goal standing somewhere near the penalty spot when Paul Power lobbed in their equaliser. A game that deserves a mention is the cup quarter final with Ipswich in 1980. They were a brilliant team,nobody gave us a hope in hell,they'd won 4-0 at Goodison a few weeks earlier. I'll never forget what seemed like the whole Street end,twirling their scarves around after Brian Kidd made it 2-0. Sadly Frank Lampard senior was just around the corner. Another great atmosphere,the league cup semi (1st leg)v Villa in 84.

Another one for me was Moyes first game at home v Fulham. Felt like change was in the air after pretty low times. Unsworth scored within the first five mins if I remember rightly and the place erupted.

also, when we came back from a goal down to Southampton when chasing top 4, Radzinski smashed a corker in to win it in the last minute, atmosphere was electric.

I was also lucky enough to be at the Bayern game and the Fiorentina game was special too, but with a bad ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.