Best 11 of the last 20 years (in theory)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie Sweet

Player Valuation: £35m
Remembering Franny Jeffers got me thinking. So who could have made our best recent team if it had all clicked and their potential and time together had all worked out?

GK: Martyn

RB: Yobo
CB: Stones
CB: Lescott
LB: Baines

LW: Richarlison
CM: Gueye
CM: Arteta
RW: Deulofeu

CF: Rooney
CF: Jeffers

Manager: Roberto

In my opinion all those had/have world class potential. I've ignored likes of Gascoigne and Eto on grounds they were token gestures at the fag end of their careers.

Blimey there’s a lot wrong with that!
Peak Coleman was top top class at RB, he had everything except crossing ability.
Peak Jagielka is better than Stones will ever be despite all his potential and passing ability.
Del on the right wing is mad when you can have Richarlison on the right and put Bernard or Pienaar on the left.
And Jeffers over Lukaku is laughable

Remembering Franny Jeffers got me thinking. So who could have made our best recent team if it had all clicked and their potential and time together had all worked out?

GK: Martyn

RB: Yobo
CB: Stones
CB: Lescott
LB: Baines

LW: Richarlison
CM: Gueye
CM: Arteta
RW: Deulofeu

CF: Rooney
CF: Jeffers

Manager: Roberto

In my opinion all those had/have world class potential. I've ignored likes of Gascoigne and Eto on grounds they were token gestures at the fag end of their careers.

Reported

Baines an Pienaar have to be the left sided pairing. A joy to watch and unplayable on their day. Richarlison would probably be on the right for me with Cahill off Lukaku up front. Then has to be Jags and Coleman at the back with Lescott and Baines. No Rooney for me on the basis we never saw his best years.

No Ancelloti for same reason as Eto and Gazza.

I love Seamus more than any man should.but lad cant cross.

Stones - it's about potential for me. Distin and Jags maxed out.

Right wing - yep, the cupboard isnt plentiful!

Why Roberto?
He’s had the best squad in Europe with Belgium and still failed to deliver, mans a tactical joke
And he signed Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.