2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of those players has the manager personally spoken to on record?

Nailed on for me mate.
I'm not sure why you are posting it in this thread, but I believe the "Ancelotti spoke to me" is just another in a long line of games played by Everton Soares and his agents as they desperately try to get a not great player a move to a big European club.

Bernard and Iwobi will be our left wing options next year if we have any sense.

I'm not sure why you are posting it in this thread, but I believe the "Ancelotti spoke to me" is just another in a long line of games played by Everton Soares and his agents as they desperately try to get a not great player a move to a big European club.

Bernard and Iwobi will be our left wing options next year if we have any sense.

No chance - Carlo doesnt rate Bernard and I dont think he does Iwobi either (or wont do the more he plays).

Everton is a Ancelotti winger right down to the ground and Brands loves his S. American signings.

He has to be the super sub here in Ancelotti’s plans. That is the only reason I can see in his mind for not starting him. Sigurdsson couldn’t have been less effective

He has to be the super sub here in Ancelotti’s plans. That is the only reason I can see in his mind for not starting him. Sigurdsson couldn’t have been less effective

...I imagine his concern is when United have possession. Sigurdsson more naturally gets behind the ball. We might carry more threat with Bernard but we’re already getting overrun going the other way. Bernard will probably make an appearance, but it could be if/when United take the lead.

Can't understand why Siggy didnt go left? Surely Bernie comes on, takes his left sided position which hes natural at, then Siggy on the right can get some crosses in early with his right.

Took him a while to adjust this afternoon. I suppose the doubts are whether he is up to the pace and physical aspects of our game.

Can't understand why Siggy didnt go left? Surely Bernie comes on, takes his left sided position which hes natural at, then Siggy on the right can get some crosses in early with his right.
It has to do with them trying to cover Baines. That's really all I can think of.

Not sure where you sat but from where I was he struggled to get in the game. I cheered when he came on and he did make some decent contributions. A good player with a football brain but lacks something, maybe stamina or pace or physique?

...I imagine his concern is when United have possession. Sigurdsson more naturally gets behind the ball. We might carry more threat with Bernard but we’re already getting overrun going the other way. Bernard will probably make an appearance, but it could be if/when United take the lead.

Bernard work rate is very good, I’m not sure this is the biggest factor to start with siggy.

Bernard work rate is very good, I’m not sure this is the biggest factor to start with siggy.

...I’m quite sure it is. Bernard definitely puts a shift in, but Sigurdsson more naturally works behind the ball and has the greater physicality to disposses and tackle. Yesterday, Sigurdsson spent much of the game infield and I’m sure that he was playing to order.

Status
Not open for further replies.