2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy how underrated he is by some of our fans. He's brilliant and will only get better with a full season under his belt.
It’s a strange one. Fans at the games unanimously love him in my experience, I don’t think I’ve ever heard a bad word about him at the game and they often sing his name before anyone elses. If you come in here though, people seem to give him grief. I’m not sure what the reasons for that are.

It’s a strange one. Fans at the games unanimously love him in my experience, I don’t think I’ve ever heard a bad word about him at the game and they often sing his name before anyone elses. If you come in here though, people seem to give him grief. I’m not sure what the reasons for that are.

He does click with Digne yes, but that is his job. His job is also to score/create goals which he does not and that is where the criticism comes from I think.
If he can add that to his game he would be different class. He is basically a 1 in 5 man but they were nearly all in weaker leagues than ours.
Hopefully a better CF will be the answer.

For me it's down to what matters. Bernard does some things in games that make you go "Wow" and that's cool to watch. But it also doesn't necessarily contribute to putting points on the table. That's where I start to think we should look for someone better and I think Iwobi is that.

For me it's down to what matters. Bernard does some things in games that make you go "Wow" and that's cool to watch. But it also doesn't necessarily contribute to putting points on the table. That's where I start to think we should look for someone better and I think Iwobi is that.
He does contribute to putting points on the board though, or table if you prefer. Not necessarily in ways that people who judge players on their stats can see, but one which people who’ve played and watched football all their life appreciate. He needs to up his game in terms of goals and assists, but to suggest he doesn’t contribute to results just makes you look clueless to be honest.

He does contribute to putting points on the board though, or table if you prefer. Not necessarily in ways that people who judge players on their stats can see, but one which people who’ve played and watched football all their life appreciate. He needs to up his game in terms of goals and assists, but to suggest he doesn’t contribute to results just makes you look clueless to be honest.
Been rather a lot of that going on for the last 2 days.... present company and self included of course

Status
Not open for further replies.