2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope he has a blinder and bags tomorrow to silence the doubters. The guy is class and seems to have experienced the opposite of the Bolasie effect, i.e. people have weirdly decided he's not good enough after a break from seeing him play every week. He was quality towards the end of last season.

Bernard being completely written off by some, I think he will kick on a bit this year. Hes a fantastic player and we are very fortunate to have him. It took him a little while to adapt in the Ukraine (as did many of his fellow Brazilians) but he was looking stronger for us as the season wore on. Great helping out at the back and great on the break. I think he helped Digne perform to the levels he did last season. Don't write him off lads.

I think he is a bit like Pienaar, in that on his own you could understand why people thought we could do better, but he helped Baines become much more effective, and Bernard also creates space for Digne to be more effective.

It’s not always about the player in isolation

I think he is a bit like Pienaar, in that on his own you could understand why people thought we could do better, but he helped Baines become much more effective, and Bernard also creates space for Digne to be more effective.

It’s not always about the player in isolation
I used to say it about Pienaar, and now I'll say it about Bernard:

Anyone who doesn't rate him probably chips the ball into the corners in five-a-side.

Status
Not open for further replies.