2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better than Rooney? Is Mahrez better than Lukaku?
Absolutely. Rooney scored 15 goals for us before he left? Mahrez had 17 and 11 assists in one season. And Kante had one of the greatest season for a defensive mid maybe ever. His defensive numbers are just stoopid.

Absolutely. Rooney scored 15 goals for us before he left? Mahrez had 17 and 11 assists in one season. And Kante had one of the greatest season for a defensive mid maybe ever. His defensive numbers are just stoopid.
I agree with this in terms of impact

Aren’t you someone who think Gueye isn’t good enough despite his defensive numbers being pretty close to Kante’s?

Ultimately most football fans know nothing about football and adopt what talkshite / sky sports tells them.
Even relatively knowledgable football fans only watch highlights or catch them a couple of times a season when they play their club and the odd live game on tv.
Bernard and Gomes haven’t been in the goals enough to catch the eye of non evertonians.
I find I get more sense and learn more from fans rather than those on talksport or sky sports especially ex footballers who prostetute themselves for the money the job gives them.

Why the obsession with stats?
As he says every quality attacking player shows up toward the top of the various stats. It isn't like Hazard is behind Nathan Redmond when you look at stats. More or less they line up how you think they would. So when he isn't in the top half, to me, that's meaningful.

As he says every quality attacking player shows up toward the top of the various stats. It isn't like Hazard is behind Nathan Redmond when you look at stats. More or less they line up how you think they would. So when he isn't in the top half, to me, that's meaningful.

Why don’t you just sit down, grab a beer, stick an Everton game on, and not count how many passes and xA players do.

Mate, Everton are currently playing yet your bumping the Bernard thread to try and prove your point. By the way, Bernard's not playing and we're shocking.
It took me 15 seconds to post that and also not playing are Digne, Keane, Gylfi, Richarlison, Coleman, Pickford and Gueye all of which are more important so...

Aren’t you someone who think Gueye isn’t good enough despite his defensive numbers being pretty close to Kante’s?
Gana is a terrific defensive player, but look at Kante's numbers that season. You will think differently. They are insane. Plus, he contributed offensively as well. Wasn't he player of the year?

Status
Not open for further replies.