2023/24 Ben Godfrey

Still fully think he's a CB and the fullback 'experiment' has run it's course.

I just can't believe that Patterson hasn't been given a proper run in Coleman's absence. Cowardice from Dyche that, NEA.

He’s even worse at centre back than he is in any other position. He has none of the attributes to be a centre back, terrible positional sense, can’t jump, can’t head, doesn’t know how to mark, doesn’t anticipate danger, wretched on the ball. People say he has physical attributes but he doesn’t display those on the pitch either, gets bullied all the time by much smaller players. He can lift weights well and punch a bag really hard though.

He's got loaned out to Hull next season with them paying 15% of his salary written all over him. No chance we sell any of him, Keane or Holgate this summer. In fact, I'd bet my house (if I had one) that one of those three has already been earmarked to partner Tarkowski next season.

Still fully think he's a CB and the fullback 'experiment' has run it's course.

I just can't believe that Patterson hasn't been given a proper run in Coleman's absence. Cowardice from Dyche that, NEA.
I disagree. Patterson is a liability defensively and contributes very little going forward.

Despite Ben Godfrey being a subpar RB and even worse CB, he is still a better RB than Nathan Patterson.

Both being worse than a 35-year-old Seamus Coleman and costing 41.5M in transfer funds is the problem at the club; not Sean Dyche.