2023/24 Ben Godfrey

Obviously he's not the best using the ball but his ability to run forwards with the ball is actually about as effective as an attacking option as anything Patterson has shown.

No fault on Godfrey who I thought looked solid but sorry indictment on Dyche playing a “centre back” at fullback against Palace at home. Paterson should have played, we badly needed some attacking impetus supporting Young who has no legs.

No fault on Godfrey who I thought looked solid but sorry indictment on Dyche playing a “centre back” at fullback against Palace at home. Paterson should have played, we badly needed some attacking impetus supporting Young who has no legs.
Patterson doesn't give us attacking impetus though it seems like people assume he must be good going forward because he isn't good defensively but he's not really like I said before Godfrey running forward at pace with the ball last night offered about as much as Patterson does in an attacking sense just in a different way.

Patterson doesn't give us attacking impetus though it seems like people assume he must be good going forward because he isn't good defensively but he's not really like I said before Godfrey running forward at pace with the ball last night offered about as much as Patterson does in an attacking sense just in a different way.
Paterson is good going forward and far better on the ball than Godfrey - think he’s got two assists in the league from little league game time. Godfrey looked like a centre back going forward last night, albeit a quick centre back. Fullback was one of the key areas for us to attack last night and playing a centre back there was absolutely the epitome of cowardice.

I thought his passing was a lot better than most, at least he passes forward and mixes it up.

Comparing him to other players in our team means nothing .. as they’re all shocking bar bramthwaite, garner and Onanna .

Compare him to other “average” teams players and he is championship standard