2020/21 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was his first appearance out of position and very inexperienced at this level. Not sure why I would have a problem with him or any of my post lean into suggesting as such.
Just pointing out he is probably about as experienced as Mina, who nobody seems to think is inexperienced at this level.
Godfrey was out of position dealing with arguably Liverpool's most dangerous threat for the last couple of seasons, and didn't disgrace himself.
That was a positive to me.

Just pointing out he is probably about as experienced as Mina, who nobody seems to think is inexperienced at this level.
Godfrey was out of position dealing with arguably Liverpool's most dangerous threat for the last couple of seasons, and didn't disgrace himself.
That was a positive to me.
Well yeah, Davies and Kenny looked worse than him this season, Davies especially

Tempted to keep him at RB for the Southampton game to go up against Redmond. Gives Seamus another week for recovery.

he offers us another aerial presence in both boxes as well as far more pace on the flank that Rodriguez is not always covering defensively. I like the look of him there. Carlo must also a bit if he threw him in ahead of Davies who he has put there before.

It is more complex than that. Mina was great against Brighton but has lots of mistakes in his game.

Does Mina get in any top 6 team?

The error for Salahs goal was crass. Mina is a saleable asset in a position that we now have good cover in. I think he will be off next season.
Tempted to keep him at RB for the Southampton game to go up against Redmond. Gives Seamus another week for recovery.
If either of the RBs are fit godfrey should play CB along with keane.

Like his debut, kept them quieter on his side and I enjoyed that wild run of his too. I've not seen enough of him to say whether he should play right back in place of Coleman but I wouldn't drop Mina.

Kenny will be back as well, Carlo said.

For me, a big factor is who will provide that overlapping/crossing threat on the right.
To be honest I’m quite happy to have an extra defender in the next couple of away games . And let digne keep going down the left and let James have freedom

the bigger issue is the midfield 3, which didn’t quite work on Saturday , and I think have Doucoure on the right to cover for James, we are losing his ability to drive forward And get into dangerous positions, which is one of the strongest parts of his game.

It won’t happen but I would like to see Delph play the holding role, and move Allan to the right and Doucoure Left . Allan & Delph can be more defensive. While Doucoure can attack down the left channel with Digne and probably iwobi.

The way James plays balls from the right. to have another powerful player making runs into the box could be huge for us.

To be honest I’m quite happy to have an extra defender in the next couple of away games . And let digne keep going down the left and let James have freedom

the bigger issue is the midfield 3, which didn’t quite work on Saturday , and I think have Doucoure on the right to cover for James, we are losing his ability to drive forward And get into dangerous positions, which is one of the strongest parts of his game.

It won’t happen but I would like to see Delph play the holding role, and move Allan to the right and Doucoure Left . Allan & Delph can be more defensive. While Doucoure can attack down the left channel with Digne and probably iwobi.

The way James plays balls from the right. to have another powerful player making runs into the box could be huge for us.

Gordon & Delph IN for me

Iwobi & Gomes = slow, ponderous, fruitless

Status
Not open for further replies.