Transfer Rumour Ben Brereton Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have questions on Brereton Díaz, but this signing is pretty hard to argue about broadly. The context this deal is being facilitated and the moment for him to move all make it pretty safe on our end. Considering his contract situation and the Nice offer of 10 million it's hard to imagine an offer being much more than that. He's clearly tackled the championship but is also at an age where we can kick on and improve. All signs point to reliable sell on potential even if he's just adequate. And if he doesn't drastically jump in quality or replicate the Championship numbers, the outlay and role make him a reasonable squad player add.

Removed of the name, more deals like this should be our MO.

This lad has some real South American flair, born and raised on the streets of Santiago kicking soda cans around the favelas until he was plucked from obscurity and given a chance to free his family from the shackles of poverty.
Yes I'm aware he's from Stoke.
add mood music and tears

I have questions on Brereton Díaz, but this signing is pretty hard to argue about broadly. The context this deal is being facilitated and the moment for him to move all make it pretty safe on our end. Considering his contract situation and the Nice offer of 10 million it's hard to imagine an offer being much more than that. He's clearly tackled the championship but is also at an age where we can kick on and improve. All signs point to reliable sell on potential even if he's just adequate. And if he doesn't drastically jump in quality or replicate the Championship numbers, the outlay and role make him a reasonable squad player add.

Removed of the name, more deals like this should be our MO.
He's going to be a top striker for some club, got the height, strength and ability to score different types of goals. For 12 million he's worth the punt especially for his age. Typical Everton dithering and going for more midfielders despite our desperation. Its as if they are doing this on purpose as some sort of psychological test. Just sign him and get another striker in you utter bunch of Idiots.

I see this as a no lose situation provided we pick him up for around £12m and don't pay him crazy wages. Scenarios;

1. He scores 15/20 goals and establishes himself as our No1 striker - unlikely perhaps but keep
2. He scores 8-10 goals but we stay up - keep as a good squad player
3. He scores 8-10 goals and we get relegated - keep as proven scorer in the Championship
4. He flops but we stay up - Sell to a Championship club.

Ability is most important but signing him may bring some commercial opportunities too. He seems to have a decent following in Chile. The other Everton is from Chile too, maybe it means nothing but it could be a potential transfer that makes sense on the pitch and off it.

This lad has some real South American flair, born and raised on the streets of Santiago kicking soda cans around the favelas until he was plucked from obscurity and given a chance to free his family from the shackles of poverty.
Satisfies everyone. South American international talent and localish lad homegrown with something to prove.
Also no question if he can do it on a cold November Tuesday night in stoke…

I see this as a no lose situation provided we pick him up for around £12m and don't pay him crazy wages. Scenarios;

1. He scores 15/20 goals and establishes himself as our No1 striker - unlikely perhaps but keep
2. He scores 8-10 goals but we stay up - keep as a good squad player
3. He scores 8-10 goals and we get relegated - keep as proven scorer in the Championship
4. He flops but we stay up - Sell to a Championship club.
There is a fifth option, he flops and we get relegated. Still a better option than Rondon.

Thought he was born in Stoke on Trent and one of his parents had a vague Chilean connection?

Ability is most important but signing him may bring some commercial opportunities too. He seems to have a decent following in Chile. The other Everton is from Chile too, maybe it means nothing but it could be a potential transfer that makes sense on the pitch and off it.

Mate you realise this is everton? We once had Tim Howard and Landon Donovan and what did we do with it in the US? Or Cahill in Aus? There's a long list of missed opportunities!

Status
Not open for further replies.