Homepage Article Behind Enemy Lines: Sheffield Wednesday (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
This week on Behind Enemy Lines, Garrett Post spoke to Alex Miller, a writer covering all things Wednesday for the Sheffield Star. Here is how the conversation went;

Mad how their new one looks so much older in design than their old one

They've went back to 1956-73 style;

1611312746753.png

This week on Behind Enemy Lines, Garrett Post spoke to Alex Miller, a writer covering all things Wednesday for the Sheffield Star. Here is how the conversation went;

Sad state of affairs when Barry Bannan is your best player... was absolutely average in his short stint in the Premier League with Aston Villa (which i've just googled and was 5 years!).

I'm shocked they haven't came under more pressure for their very dodgy Kit Manufacturing/Sponsor deal. Sponsored by Chansiri, who hasn't owned a business for 4-5 years, it's like Moshiri selling his business and sponsoring us. Manufactured by Elev8, who if you gooogle, have no record of sport manufacturing, and were created by... Chansiri. They're about to bring out a sports kit, but you don't really see Lucozade making Brighton kits, do you?

Seems a decent bloke, sees us winning Vs Wednesday and finishing 6th...which may not be too far off the mark.

I have a feeling in me water that if we do a cup run and finish 6th...hands up who would've taken it at the start of the season? Me for 1.
We'll see it...and not for any reasons of false expectation...as a disappointment on where we could've been...all a bit Bullseye, here's what you could've won -ish
Just on the wrong side of fine margins, twas ever thus.

Only just realised Sheff Wed updated their crest.

Sad, sad times.
Read your post and thought oh no they've got rid of that great badge. Saw the post below and I was thinking of the badge they stopped using in 1995. Sad that they've fallen that far off my radar really. Hopefully sunday is not the start of their rise back to prominence.

Seems a decent bloke, sees us winning Vs Wednesday and finishing 6th...which may not be too far off the mark.

I have a feeling in me water that if we do a cup run and finish 6th...hands up who would've taken it at the start of the season? Me for 1.
We'll see it...and not for any reasons of false expectation...as a disappointment on where we could've been...all a bit Bullseye, here's what you could've won -ish
Just on the wrong side of fine margins, twas ever thus.

If we get Europa, and not the Conference League that'll be a huge coup, as the Europa is actually going to be a proper competition next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.