Be honest we have a great squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
People said similar things about the squad in 10/11 and that season was a nightmare until Christmas.

I'm cautiously optimistic, with the signings Martinez has made he's given himself a great chance of doing well this season.

Hes not a new player tho is he, its not like we picked him up this Summer.

Why didnt he include Mirallas? or Coleman, plus he put in John Stones, who I doubt will play much unless we have major injury issues.

Nobody can say for sure how often Barkley would have played this Season under Moyes, he showed signs at the end of last Season of using him a bit more, sure everybody can guess and we can assume he wouldnt have played every game, but thats all we can do, assume.

Anyway, carry on.

Mate I seriously don't know how you got the idea that I was trying to turn this into was a Moyes v Martinez discussion.

All I did was list players who I thought last year were not considered genuine first team players as opposed to this year. As Furey quite rightly pointed out, their values are based on a guesstimate. In line with the thread, i happen to think we now have a very good squad with access to some very good players.

If you want my opinion on Martinez, ask me in the December.

Hes not a new player tho is he, its not like we picked him up this Summer.

Why didnt he include Mirallas? or Coleman, plus he put in John Stones, who I doubt will play much unless we have major injury issues.

Nobody can say for sure how often Barkley would have played this Season under Moyes, he showed signs at the end of last Season of using him a bit more, sure everybody can guess and we can assume he wouldnt have played every game, but thats all we can do, assume.

Anyway, carry on.

Mirallas and Coleman were first team regulars (when fit) last season. Barkley wasn't. There was no mention of how often Moyes would have played him this season, I personally think this season would have been his breakout one even if we still had Moyes but that's just my opinion. You've assumed there's an anti-moyes/pro-martinez agenda here, which is completely unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.