Barry Glendenning's comments in the Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Dean

Player Valuation: £70m
Latest example of terrible Everton-related journalism:

"We can only hope that Barkley’s maturity rubs off on the Everton supporters who spend so much time admiring protest banners that they’ve paid to trail across the sky that they fail to appreciate the wealth of young talent representing their club on the ground. Barry Glendenning"

Needless and baseless sly dig IMO

Here's some interesting information about him;

'The Guardian printed an apology in response to complaints regarding comments made by Barry Glendenning in a segment about Sir Jack Hayward on a football podcast, when he was described as having been "quite openly xenophobic and racist". Glendenning also later apologised for his choice of words. He is a supporter of Sunderland.'

Max Rushden and him on Sunday mornings on Talksport are absolutely dire, I don't even understand why the hell they merit a show which seems to have no point to it whatsoever. Rushden must be blackmailing someone or be murdochs illegitimate son to keep his job, zero charisma/personality/humour, its the radio equivalent of soccer am, garbage!

It's the second worst programme on there after that Colin Murray and friends abomination.

Max Rushden and him on Sunday mornings on Talksport are absolutely dire, I don't even understand why the hell they merit a show which seems to have no point to it whatsoever. Rushden must be blackmailing someone or be murdochs illegitimate son to keep his job, zero charisma/personality/humour, its the radio equivalent of soccer am, garbage!

It's the second worst programme on there after that Colin Murray and friends abomination.

Ah.....so he is that Irish bloke they have on talkSPORT?

He is a total bell.

I can't believe TalkSPORT shock jocks are being allowed to employ the same tactics in The Guardian, a once respected journal.

Move along boys, nowt to see here.

Ah.....so he is that Irish bloke they have on talkSPORT?

He is a total bell.

I can't believe TalkSPORT shock jocks are being allowed to employ the same tactics in The Guardian, a once respected journal.

Move along boys, nowt to see here.
Please never call Colin Murray Irish again mate.

to be fair they are two different subjects. what the board do does not really effect each game so the two should be black and white so to speak. its only when we literally are selling the playing assets that it crosses over into that realm.

still very short sighted to make a comment like that to be honest, I would put my voice against the board as much as anyone but doesn't stop me being a fan and supporting the players and manager

And now the Goodison half time entertainment....

images

In fairness thats what his schtick is....he is a smartass and a wind up merchant.

He does it with any team. He probably knows it´s not the full story.

I find the Niall0007 commenter more annoying, as he seems to be completely oblivious of any reason as to why fans might be a bit fed up with the board, and has a lot to say on it.

Well, it ain't Colin Murray we are referring to but why would I not call him Irish?
Cause we're ashamed of him mate. The English can have him but in fairness don't think they want him after his stint on MOTD a few years ago. He's a complete bell if the truth be told. I really do despise him more than any media figure in the world of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.