Barkley..again

Is this obsession with nostalgia and sentimental feelings something Kenwright instilled in Evertonians or has it always been this way and he tapped into it?

It's weird. Most players are hated or downplayed when they're here, they leave and are suddenly proclaimed as better than they were or fans beg for them to come back.

James is a laughable one. He's had trouble everywhere he's been, several clubs let him go and fans are begging for his return. Still blind that he would've pushed to get out of Everton.

Stop looking back, stop wanting players on huge wages or players who are past it. We need hungry, affordable players who will give everything.

Is this obsession with nostalgia and sentimental feelings something Kenwright instilled in Evertonians or has it always been this way and he tapped into it?

It's weird. Most players are hated or downplayed when they're here, they leave and are suddenly proclaimed as better than they were or fans beg for them to come back.

James is a laughable one. He's had trouble everywhere he's been, several clubs let him go and fans are begging for his return. Still blind that he would've pushed to get out of Everton.

Stop looking back, stop wanting players on huge wages or players who are past it. We need hungry, affordable players who will give everything.
I don't really feel the talk of Barkley is the nostalgia factor tho. I think it's more that we're skint, and he's a free transfer. I don't think we should sign him, for the record

I don't really feel the talk of Barkley is the nostalgia factor tho. I think it's more that we're skint, and he's a free transfer. I don't think we should sign him, for the record
Maybe not nostalgia, but it's looking back again. There's so many players out there who are younger, can support defensively and more reliable.

Our fans have an obsession with the return of players. I saw some begging for Lukaku back the other day. I beg for Richy back lol We need to move forward.

Maybe not nostalgia, but it's looking back again. There's so many players out there who are younger, can support defensively and more reliable.

Our fans have an obsession with the return of players. I saw some begging for Lukaku back the other day. I beg for Richy back lol We need to move forward.

That's everywhere to be fair. People love the comfort of familiarity.

Apart from the pros and cons of having Barkley back in the midfield, I seriously doubt he'd consider coming back to us after having experienced all those magical European nights with Luton.

(That's right, folks, the relevance of Luton jokes is coming to an end so get yours in now.)

Would one of the best midfielders in the league this season improve us ? Of course he would but he’s too skilful for Dyche football.

We’d just punt it forward and bypass him 90% of the time lol