Barkley..again

It's easy to look good when there is zero pressure on your performance. He comes back here he'd probably turn into a quivering wreck again.

All that said (& this is going to make me sound crazy) if the wages were right I would still be interested in him as a back up to doucs. Hopefully not being a starter would take some of the weight off of him and give us another way of playing if we need to get a goal in a game. If we are bringing him in expecting him to start then no no no.

Thought his passing was mostly decent against us, but otherwise had sub Andre Gomes levels of athleticism and still managed to get caught on the ball frequently. Heavy, heavy swerve.

He's 30, he had a high ceiling but never got anywhere near reaching it.. we probably aren't going to be in a position to sign up some deadwood which will be what he'll turn into at Everton, we are just about rid of alot of the deadwood we collected over the years we don't need it restocked.

It's easy to look good when there is zero pressure on your performance. He comes back here he'd probably turn into a quivering wreck again.

All that said (& this is going to make me sound crazy) if the wages were right I would still be interested in him as a back up to doucs. Hopefully not being a starter would take some of the weight off of him and give us another way of playing if we need to get a goal in a game. If we are bringing him in expecting him to start then no no no.

the not a dyche player

we need flair

but not him

Yes if we sell Onana.
With Gomes gone, we need to fill 2 midfielders.

Ndidi and Barkley. Both free. We can’t afford to be picky. Name me a better midfielder who costs nothing.

Any funds we have must be spend on a speedy winger.

No.

Aside from the history, he's the wrong age profile and lacks athleticism.

And then there's the history. He absolutely screwed the club and therefore the match day crowd at Goodison would (rightly) absolutely hound him. A toxic scenario we would be wise to avoid.

What if he came back, apologised and to show he was truly sorry, played without a wage ... just for the love of his club. Like I would.