Baines out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard on BBC Scotland sports news that Robertson is unlikely to sign for Everton as he is happy at Dundee Utd. Agent trying to get us to up the signing fee perhaps?

As I suspected, Dundee Utd. now saying they want £1.5 mil for Robertson now instead of the £750,000 that Roberto had apparently offered.

I wonder if we can read anything into Garbutt's loan at Colchester just being renewed on a month to month basis. Maybe they expect to bring him back at short notice as cover for Oviedo. Wild speculation on my part.

Pretty sure you can only extend short term loans for the length of the original loan. ie a player on loan for 3 months can only be extended to a maximum of another 3 months at a time

with the signing of Robertson today (a left back) does that mean this transfer of Baines is on?
I'm not half as worried as I was. I love Baines, he is everything Everton should aim to be and are, but Oviedo is an exciting player and I will trust Martinez to bring through an able young deputy. I would prefer Baines to stay and he's quality but he would go with my blessing provided we get a sizeable (£15m minimum) fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.