Transfer Rumour Axel Witsel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need a definite answer from him, is he going to sign if not move on.
Surely with our dodgy russian connections we can arrange for zenit to give juve a deadline and relay that deadline to witsel?
It's in their best interests to guarantee the highest fee they can get

I think we need a definite answer from him, is he going to sign if not move on.
Surely with our dodgy russian connections we can arrange for zenit to give juve a deadline and relay that deadline to witsel?
It's in their best interests to guarantee the highest fee they can get

This could have been said last week. Or the week before. And the one before that.

It might actually have happened as well. Whatever the truth is you'd have to assume Everton are aware of his intentions.

think the situation is pretty simple really.

- we've agreed a fee with Zenit (done during the Euros)
- we've agreed terms with Witsel and his reps
- they're however holding out for a Juve bid, most likely after an expression of interest from Juve
- Pogba deal may be holding it up as other replacements may well become available as time goes on

Hate to do this as obviously Esk is passing on what he thinks/has been told, but he is the only person who has stated there is money before sales, we are yet to see any evidence of this?
There is four weeks left of the window and I hope at the end he is proved right, but I can't remember city and Chelsea not being able to spend any money and not being able to conclude any deals? So we sit and wait and see what happens.........

Hate to do this as obviously Esk is passing on what he thinks/has been told, but he is the only person who has stated there is money before sales, we are yet to see any evidence of this?
There is four weeks left of the window and I hope at the end he is proved right, but I can't remember city and Chelsea not being able to spend any money and not being able to conclude any deals? So we sit and wait and see what happens.........

we're after players of a high calibre when we have very little to offer them. We could have easily gone out and spent £13m on the likes of ross mccormack and £35m on mane's ... but how much would that have improved us? Wouldn't have matched our ambition.

“Everton are competing in the market for players previously out of their reach financially. There is an attractive project there. There is ambition.

“Partly this is the new reality of the money in the Premier League at the moment, but there is also a funding commitment there from the ownership that many other clubs cannot match

Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/lukaku-...three-new-signings/739977#DhcJA8Ic4ABOv7bg.99

I then read this and wind my neck in

Status
Not open for further replies.