Transfer Rumour Axel Witsel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate having seen a fair bit of Witsel, Koeman will have earmarked a midfield partner for him whose game compliments each other, thats the way to get the best out of him, he partnered up mainly with Garcia (the old Benfica/City player) at Zenit who played that more defensive role and allowed Witsel to roam a bit more, and it worked a treat, can see a similarly big physical player playing along side him - which we honestly don't have right now.

Honestly do not see McCarthy and Witsel gelling that well together and would bet the house on us bringing another centre mid in with more presence/physicality about them

....I've been making this point about blend and partnerships. The coach will have a team model in his mind and the types of players who not only fit into it but who compliment each other. I might not necessarily be a fan of some names being mentioned but I'm not the one putting the team together. I just hope the manager gets his main targets.

....I've been making this point about blend and partnerships. The coach will have a team model in his mind and the types of players who not only fit into it but who compliment each other. I'm might not necessarily be a fan of some names being mentioned but I'm not the one putting the team together. I just hope the manager gets his main targets.

Hopefully he will do, i am confident on it at least, and trust him to get the team blend right as well

Disagree with this mate. I don't get this cult status. I am not against the lad he is still young but what has he done except the performance against Citch?

Besic can tackle, he can pass a ball, he's quick, he's a leader, and when he did play, instead of all the slow ponderous crap, he was the only player dropping deep looking for the ball, to try and get us pushing forward with a bit more urgency, some of the things we were crying out for under Martinez.

The biggest problem for Besic was though, Martinez was a bellend.

Last edited:
He can tackle, he can pass a ball, he's quick, he's a leader, and when he did play, instead of all the slow ponderous crap, he was the only player dropping deep looking for the ball, to try and get us pushing forward with a bit more urgency, some of the things we were crying out for under Martinez.

The biggest problem for Besic was though, Martinez was a bellend.

For me he is pretty green (performance). Still learning though. I think he will surely improve under Koeman. Age is at his side too.

He keeps felli and dembele out of the side. That's all you need to know. Felli is a quality player no matter what anyone says and he performs better for Belgium than United. Dembele was one of the prem's best midfielders last season.

He's a quality player. Not sure he's a £30m million player, if that's even what we're paying, but in this financial climate trying to ascertain what is good value is very difficult.
Wilmots though. The man is an utter balloon.

I rate Witsel but basing his quality on Belgium team selection isn't any guarantee he's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.