Average age of Best XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also prefer Hibbert, makes the defence look a lot more solid and is still decent going forward.

The forward players get enough chances, they just need to be more clinical (Jelavic).

The teams age is not a problem for me, the majority of them are mid to late 20s which is usually a footballers prime, Distin and Neville are the only players who need replacing in the short term future. Although Distin probably could perform for another season at this level I think.

Hibbert is abysmal going foward, doesnt run into space, an has never beaten a man in his life, his crossing has improved a bit, but he is in no way decent going forward. As Wenger said full backs are the modern playmakers, Hibbert is out of date, a full back who doesnt like having the ball at his feet is not champions league material, which is what we should be aiming for.

Its the centre of the defence - both Coleman & Hibbert have had to cover for our two central defenders -its got better not becuase of Hibberts return , but the fact JH has been dropped!

Hibbert cant improve his attacking ability that much because of his age, whereas Coleman can improve his defensive side because of his age. Pretty clear who should be our first choice RB. Coleman.

Status
Not open for further replies.