Match Thread Atalanta v Everton - Thursday 14/9

Status
Not open for further replies.
How on Earth are you not putting Rooney in your worst performers list? He was an absolute joke.

Horrible signing.

United knew he was on the way out, England knew he was on the way out and we go and make him the club's highest earner in our history. Pathetic.

I have spouted off about how much I hate the Rooney signing non stop since it was first rumored; even when catching heat over it after he scored that header against Stoke.

Tonight though, he was played in the correct position at least, and despite us having 3 players in that role better than him was not amongst our worst 5 players.

To be honest I'm not even surprised, 2 years ago a performance like this would of scarred me, now I just expect this nonsense. I feel sorry for all the fans who traveled to the game, I thought about it, but decided against it. Honestly in the last 10 years, I haven't seen a worse or more clueless Everton side. Yes under Martinez we were useless at defending, but we were pretty god at attacking, now we're crap at both. The players seem to have forgotten how to pass, forwards and just spend most of the time passing it sideways. There's no width in the team, which makes it easy for defenders to play against. Who knows whether Koemann will make it to January the way things are going now.
Towards the end of the game, in extra time, when an away goal may have made a difference and Atalanta were defending, twice the ball went back to Stek, and he even managed to pass it back to a defender the first time. Utd used to do well under Ferguson by never giving up until the whistle blew. If you don't keep banging away, the ball cannot ever go in. The only good point to derive from this game is no more goals coming in for Atalanta in the second half, but it was as though our team have never played as a team before, no-one has the initiative. I thought Rooney ran hard, but he could not be everywhere. Many really promising individuals, but how on earth can they play with so little understanding of each other, or even of tactics that are meat and drink to my son's U13 team?

I have spouted off about how much I hate the Rooney signing non stop since it was first rumored; even when catching heat over it after he scored that header against Stoke.

Tonight though, he was played in the correct position at least, and despite us having 3 players in that role better than him was not amongst our worst 5 players.
The fat biff lost almost every ball that was played to him, nothing came off, and he was so slow, you could see the grass growing around his boots. Drop him, and play him if we are chasing a game. Otherwise, he should not start

What is it with our defence where Keane passes to Jags who looks up, decides there is no forward pass and passes it to Keane who passes it back to Jags (or back to the keeper who either passes it to Jags or wellies it upfield to the opposition) who either passes it back to Keane who throws a crossfield pass which is easily intercepted by the opposition, or back to Jags who throws a crossfield pass which is easily intercepted by the opposition. They were still doing this 3-0 down and 92 minutes on the clock! Where is the movement off the ball? where is the speed in possession? It's all too static and no-one seems to see the problem!

They got what they deserved from the halfway line, mate. They'd have got dog's abuse if they'd have tried to come over at the end.

They would have done but that's no excuse. Take it on the chin and show your appreciation for fantastic support.

Holgate approached closer than anyone at the end and was applauded.

Respect is earned.

Shows what I effing know

Try having a facebook feed full of "YES KOEMAN IS OUR MANAGER!" - and lord knows I was on here enough spouting his name after Spanish clown got sacked (note that I now have to specify the nationality of the clown).

Luckily, none of my friends are sad enough (or interested in me enough) to root through my facebook feed back to June 2016. And if they were, that would be Jed Maxwell territory - which, as we all know, is scary territory.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm running out of patience with Koeman. We all knew that this season would be far more difficult (Europe, no Rom) but the preparation was non-existent. Even Mike Walker got Amokachi after selling Cottee.... MIKE FRICKIN WALKER!!! EVEN THAT CHARLATAN SKIP HIRE MERCHANT KNEW HE NEEDED A REPLACEMENT STRIKER AND GOT ONE!

OK Amo was mostly krap, but at least Walker had some justification (World Cup 94) and it was only because Muller was a greedy barsteward we never got him.

Very soon I fear I will be eating a huge wad of humble pie along with a side order of self harm. Thanks Ron, you clueless tit! Can't wait to listen to the Kopites on Sky this Sunday going on about how "United are barely out of second gear, but 5-0 up" and how Rom is better off at Old Trafford.... mainly because it's the truth we can't seem to handle!

What is it with our defence where Keane passes to Jags who looks up, decides there is no forward pass and passes it to Keane who passes it back to Jags (or back to the keeper who either passes it to Jags or wellies it upfield to the opposition) who either passes it back to Keane who throws a crossfield pass which is easily intercepted by the opposition, or back to Jags who throws a crossfield pass which is easily intercepted by the opposition. They were still doing this 3-0 down and 92 minutes on the clock! Where is the movement off the ball? where is the speed in possession? It's all too static and no-one seems to see the problem!

This drives me mad. The only individuals I ever see attempting to move the opposition with off the ball movement is Sandro, and occasionally Klaasen. But, even when they make the appropriate runs the only man on the pitch I've seen able to identify the gaps and supply smart passes to encourage offense is the young boy Davies. And even with this, nearly no one ever seems to be in sync with the off ball movement to capitalize on the space. Is this problem simply lack of pace or is lack of tactics from the manager? How is this the state that we are in?

All about opinions, I suppose.
I thought he was absolutely atrocious. Don't want him starting games for us again.

Status
Not open for further replies.