Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iwobi and Kean need to start.

I’ve said this after every game this season.

I said this before the game mate, instead of giving Kean the last 20 minutes why not start him from the off and sub him when he tires because he's a genuine goal threat, but I was told it makes sense to give him the last 20 minutes because he would be coming on against tired Villa defenders, I pointed out that it wouldn't matter if he was coming on against tired Villa defenders if we were getting beat.......

Bad result, thought up to the 2nd goal that we were going to equalize, Iwobi hitting the post, Walcotts chance and even when it came to schniederlin on the edge of the box and he blazed it over. The scoreline flattered them, but it is what it is. We were predictable in possession and poor in finishing. Based on our down the wing, cross it in system, I don't know why Tosun is not playing, Silva must hate him

This is why we won't be a top 4 team for years, We don't take our chances and silly mistakes like letting a quick free kick that led to the goal happening, Two glorious chances in DCL/Walcott not being scored which is why we stay around the 7/8th area.
Villa weren't even good tonight they just took the chances they got and deservedly won.

Take it we were poor then lads? Been in work so was only following second half on Twitter. Not gonna go into meltdown just yet though with it being 3rd game and all. It’s bank holiday weekend so just take a breather, enjoy the weekend and don’t let things get to you

Status
Not open for further replies.