Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like to play with a single DM personally. Maybe two up top.

I agree we need to do something shape wise. We have been this 4 2 3 1 for 6 years now through several managers and it consistently leads to slow and predictable build up. It's just too easy to isolate the 3 from the defensive 6 and the 1 from everybody else.

When was the last time we were losing and won a game?
I’m not sure, but when we went behind under Martinez Koeman and now Silva they have all been clueless how to get us back into it. Moyes was quite good at that.I still think Silva is a bit suspect but hope I’m proved wrong as there has been to many manager changes at this club in the last few years.

You can't miss two massive chances like that in any game, never mind when you aren't creating lots of them and you're playing a team who just wants to have 11 behind the ball. But we should have had at least a point, despite the poor performance and the massive defensive error for their first.

In perspective though, it's not too dissimilar to the previous two games. In those, big chances against us were missed and we took a half-decent chance in one of them.

So the things that needed fixing after the first two games aren't different after this one. We're still on the right track in general. Yes, tonight is another mark against Silva's ability to turn a game around tactically. We didn't really do enough between 50-80 to win the game. But we got a peek into Silva's thinking with the introduction of Kean and especially Iwobi. Hopefully we'll see more of that take shape up to but probably after the international break.

Agree. We'll get better. Kean, Iwobi and Delph are nailed on to make a massive difference to us. Sidibe and Gblammo it's harder to tell.

That said. We should be docked points for that performance.
Agree that we will(hopefully) get better. The fitness of most of these player is really bad at the moment. Don't think Silva's pre season is up to much myself. Was never much of a fan of Gomes and wasn't bothered if we didn't sign him. Dosnt do enough for me. Snhederlin is just a crab Sid to side . Siggy and richo seem so much off the pace. Keane made Wesley look a world.beater tonight.
Good points for me Mina looks committed.
Iwobi and keen looked like they make things happen
All.on all another typical Everton televised performance

The team needs time to gel but one concern for me is how pedestrian our midfield looks without Gana, really missed his tenacity today.

Status
Not open for further replies.