Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The same lads who say we will beat Villa said we would beat Palace. Both are relegation fodder. Take nothing for granted I guess.

A starting line up comprising mostly of last seasons squad, probably means a draw is the most likely result.

Strange though. The general opinion on here seemed to be that DCL had come on a long way last season.Just needed more goals.
2 games in and he's back to useless.
Then again, a vocal minority and all that.

It's going to be a tough game tomorrow. I just hope our players turn up to Villa Park with the right attitude and not like they did at Craven Cottage last season. It's very much early days for Villa they did well at Spurs for the first hour and at home to Bournemouth were let down by their goalkeeper early on with the penalty lots of new players for them at some point they will click into place but hopefully not tomorrow.

So far we've defended well hopefully that continues but we need to see more from the final third. At least Bernards early goal last week should give him confidence to shoot more now. Richarlison has looked a bit rash so far in front of goal but did arrive back late into pre season so confident once he gets his first goal he'll go on a run.

Hopefully Digne is OK for tomorrow problem we have with both Baines & Delph being injury prone at left back cover I wouldn't be convinced either of them would be ready to step in.

As it's a live SKY game I'll say we'll lose our clean sheet but win 2-1. Moise Kean to start and get his first goal and Richarlison is due one. COYB

But more importantly was it The Villa or The Wolves that first started And it’s f. Off Aston Villa/Wolverhampton (visiting fans version) when they run out?

(It’s really Hi Ho Silver Lining)

I've decided not to make any more predictions on scorelines as I end up looking even more ignorant than I actually am. 3-1 to the mighty blues

It’s Everton away from home, we’ll find any way possible not to win.

I tend to feel like this too, through harsh experience.

Of the 19 away games, I might only expect us to win 3 or 4, and draw or lose the rest. But history has shown that's what we get.

At the moment we have no right to go to Villa and expect to beat them. It would be based on nothing.

It has to be earned and I hope the players are on message with that.

No dodgy animals humping link?!
Disappointed here
Otherwise, good preview, Bungs

I’ll go for a solid away performance and 2-1 to Everton

tbh I want Kean to start but we should dispatch of this Villa team with DCL or Kean so I'm not too fussed tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.