Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I’d give Dobbin a start. Plenty of space in behind Villa, has to be more positive than playing Garner on the wing.

----------------------Pickford

Garner Branthwaite/Keane Tarkowski Young

----------------------Gueye
-------------Onana--------Doucoure
Danjuma------------------------------------Iwobi

------------------------DCL
Yeah that has to be the team. James Garner right back. Iwobi on the wing for now until we get McNeil / Harrison fit.
Iwobi into the middle 3 later.

Yeah that has to be the team. James Garner right back. Iwobi on the wing for now until we get McNeil / Harrison fit.
Iwobi into the middle 3 later.
Better than the shambles of a team Dyche picked to face Fulham.

Hopefully Danjuma still gets the nod despite Dyche saying that he still doesn't think that he's quite fully match fit yet..

Doh!.....

Villa to bounce back​

Unai Emery has transformed Aston Villa

I didn't think ASTON VILLA were as bad as the scoreline suggested last weekend at St. James' Park, with the game a close one until the hosts went 3-1 up, after which it became chaotic.
We can fully expect a bounce-back reaction from Unai Emery's side at Villa Park, a place they turned into a fortress after his appointment by winning nine of 13, including all of their last seven.
In those seven games they averaged an exceptional 1.84 xGF and 0.54 xGA per game, underlying numbers of a top four team.

They host an EVERTON side who struggle to put the ball in the net at the best of times, and especially when coming up against a strong defence.
I'm happy to put the 5-1 loss to one side and view it as an aberration rather than the norm.
Score prediction: Aston Villa 2-0 Everton (Sky Bet odds: 7/1)

I expect him to pick exactly the same side again, maybe start DCL in place of Maupay. I wouldn't be surprised to see Maupay start again though.

He's begining to anger me with these stunts.

OK, his hands are tied in many respects, but this feller was up for "major changes" after the Bournemouth game and now here we are still listening to bollocks about players needing time and not having key personnel into the club.

Dyche needs to get winning some games or he'll be a target soon enough.

Doh!.....

Villa to bounce back​

Unai Emery has transformed Aston Villa

I didn't think ASTON VILLA were as bad as the scoreline suggested last weekend at St. James' Park, with the game a close one until the hosts went 3-1 up, after which it became chaotic.
We can fully expect a bounce-back reaction from Unai Emery's side at Villa Park, a place they turned into a fortress after his appointment by winning nine of 13, including all of their last seven.
In those seven games they averaged an exceptional 1.84 xGF and 0.54 xGA per game, underlying numbers of a top four team.

They host an EVERTON side who struggle to put the ball in the net at the best of times, and especially when coming up against a strong defence.
I'm happy to put the 5-1 loss to one side and view it as an aberration rather than the norm.
Score prediction: Aston Villa 2-0 Everton (Sky Bet odds: 7/1)
'A strong defence'

It may very well be.. but a bit of an odd thing to state here considering that they've just shipped five goals to the barcodes and have now lost Mings long-term..

Status
Not open for further replies.