Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Norwich is big now,especially with Man u away after that,they will blow us away aswell. Hate playing teams on a losing run aswell as we always answer an opposition team,s needs for a victory

Many posters on here who talk about the "great football" we have been playing. I mean there's a thread title that states it. I know there are mitigating circumstances, and I know we have had a few results, but have you been happy with the standard of football, other than for like 10 mins a game? (Apart from Brighton where we actually played well)

Couldn't care less about ancelotti. Want people to recognise the hypocrisy of not putting any blame on benitez.

When did I say I was happy? I've pointed out several times that we won 3-1 on Monday but only played well for 30mins, not 60, not 90. Unfortunately tonight the reverse has happend, we've made more of the ball and been a threat but been hit ourselves (by our own undoing as well).
When did I say the football was great? Go look at that thread, you'll see plenty of posters pointing out it hasn't been great football. The poster who started the thread did, they dont represent all everton fans.

I'm happy enough with 12 points from 18, us having pace and being a threat. We aren't going to beat everyone. On ANother day Gray bends the ball more, we gop a goal up and things are different. We werent brilliant at 0-0 but we were no worse than Villa. We looked fairly comfortable.

We can't judge BEnitez as Everton manager after 5 games. Im sure there will be plenty to blame Benitez for but like any manager, players losing their heads in a 10minute period more often than not is down to the players, like it was last season.

I repeat, 12 points from 18. A solid start. No need to cry about a game going against us, it happens because we're a midtable team.

Manchester City drew 0-0 to Southampton at home today. Bet they aren't cry arsing their way into the bedsheets.

Also shouldn't have let Nkoukou go. Digne having a mare so far this season. Really needs competition at LB.
It started last season the guy is hopeless
Like what someone said the entire defence is shocking if we had of got Townsend and gray our season would be over at least they add something to the team

The Usual No Fortune Everton

1. Key players missing (one main striker thanks to an episode of thuggery)
2. Mings gets away with murder
3. Pawson misses an obvious foul (some might say DOGSO) on Demarai
4. Demarai inches away from giving us the lead - and, being strictly objective, we had, up to that point, had the better chances

And then the world caves in.. in typical fashion.

I was reasonably happy with the team for an hour but one mistake and it's pretty much us done.

Demarai Gray easily our best player.

We competed well until their goal.

The bench was just too thin though.

How did we end up with so many critical injuries though?

and why wasn’t James on the bench?
I hear Rafatollah gets them doing bare knuckle brawling at the end of training to update his Bum Dosser Dossier.

Status
Not open for further replies.