Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but what annoys me is also the recruitment, no RB, no good striker backup, it just feels like a grind supporting this club
Which is a fair gripe and the real catalyst for today's performance. I'm not going to get too annoyed by today's result even though it's far from enjoyable.

Our lack of depth in those key and obvious positions will continue to be our undoing.

Recruiting a successor to club captain Seamus Coleman has been on the club's agenda for a number of years but new manager Rafael Benitez was not prepared to sign a player this summer that did not meet his exacting standards.

Money was too precious and Benitez, who has only just inherited the right-back issue, was unwilling to risk squandering the club's cash.

The manager, club sources have confirmed, was not fully convinced on the merits of meeting the asking price for Denzel Dumfries, for example.

We scored 3 in 9 minutes last game and everyone raved about us being class. Perspective.

Again, those who have perspective and see the big picture saw that we were awful for 60mins and not to go thinking we were class, like you seem to think we are if you think we should be sweeeping away teams with no challenge.
I repeat, perspective is everything

12 points from 18.

Just think of who we could have bought and where we might of been with the money we have wasted. Morshiri is like I imagine Del Trotter to have been after he became loaded. The only hope is that he sells up after the stadium is built.

Status
Not open for further replies.