Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe people are taking on board the bigger picture on a project and most knees are not jerking because of this. We know we will not get a better manager than Carlo, we know we cannot do a Man City and Chelsea. We now have to sit back and accept a build is in progress. If next season we still play the same way and do not progress then it becomes more acceptable to diss the manager but after just 1 full season then it seems a bit fickle. Carlo will know what is needed and he actually endorses our view that we do not have the necessary quality.
I think we only have to look at what players have arrived since he became manager to give him more time to build what he is after.

For those reasons and his previous records as a manager I am willing to give him plenty more time
Your missing the point, Its not just the players that are poor, its the way he sets up to play the games. defend, defend, defend, no matter who the opposition team is, its absolute boring to watch and unless he changes his ideas when and if we get new players it will always be the same. Nobody expects to have a Man City or Chelsea alike overnight but surely we don't have to set up to defend every time we play.

Your missing the point, Its not just the players that are poor, its the way he sets up to play the games. defend, defend, defend, no matter who the opposition team is, its absolute boring to watch and unless he changes his ideas when and if we get new players it will always be the same. Nobody expects to have a Man City or Chelsea alike overnight but surely we don't have to set up to defend every time we play.
he chooses to defend bcuz he doenst trust his players, righfully so cuz most are not quialified to play offensive football. defending is easier than attacking, thats a fact, attacking football requires footballers who can play on 1 touch scenarios (to get rid of pressure) AND control passes in most situations , very few players atm in everton can do those, so yes, he caves in and defends, but i cant blame him on doing that.

he chooses to defend bcuz he doenst trust his players, righfully so cuz most are not quialified to play offensive football. defending is easier than attacking, thats a fact, attacking football requires footballers who can play on 1 touch scenarios (to get rid of pressure) AND control passes in most situations , very few players atm in everton can do those, so yes, he caves in and defends, but i cant blame him on doing that.

So James, DCL, Richarlison and Gomes are not qualified to play attacking football. I give up.

So James, DCL, Richarlison and Gomes are not qualified to play attacking football. I give up.
am pretty sure RICHARDLISON cant. (completly lacks ball control and his decisition making is HORRIBLE), so no richardlison woudlnt start in a team who relies on having the ball, he may start in counter attacking teams, wich are NOT carlo's way in "normal" situations (AKA top teams with plenty of quality players).

DCL is superb for a possesion team, he has proven to be an excellent pivot and in the box finisher. gomes... well gomes is a mistery, valencia gomes sure can play but everton gomes is bad.

then you have no RB AND i must point this... but digne receives a lot of credit here BUT ive seen the guy NEVER EVER NEVEEEER tries to dribble his defender , he always tries to cross it , EVEN if the shot is blocked he just forces it, may be bcuz am from southamerica , legendary RBs and LBs here were blessed 1v1 players. am not saying Digne is bad , not at all , but sometimes if you past your defender and NOT cross it but pass it backwards to the center of the penalti you can score easier from incoming midfielders ...

another very important point of posession teams are their central defenders... they MUST be good with the ball and godfrey , yes he is FAST, strong but seems the ball is not his strenght , mina is just the same but slow..

There is a legitimate debate as to whether or not James has played enough games with the team for many to be on his wavelength or if they ever will. Richarlison and Gomes have not been at the top of their game this season and that is a polite way of saying they have been poor and with better squad options would not have made the starting 11 or even the bench.

Surely to play on the attack, we have to do so as a unit and play up the pitch. If that breaks down we need mobile and athletic players who can get back to cover.

I understand the frustration at our current style of play , I share it but over 30 years of make do and mend will not be rectified in 1 full season which has been like no other.

There is a legitimate debate as to whether or not James has played enough games with the team for many to be on his wavelength or if they ever will. Richarlison and Gomes have not been at the top of their game this season and that is a polite way of saying they have been poor and with better squad options would not have made the starting 11 or even the bench.

Surely to play on the attack, we have to do so as a unit and play up the pitch. If that breaks down we need mobile and athletic players who can get back to cover.

I understand the frustration at our current style of play , I share it but over 30 years of make do and mend will not be rectified in 1 full season which has been like no other.
I am an old man and have seen many poor teams in my time, but I have also seen many very very good teams as well and that is why I find it difficult to stomach the turgid football we are watching at the moment.

But look what happens when we don't. Leonardo da Vinci working with plasticine.

Status
Not open for further replies.